How to save a paint brush effect from previous design to use on future projects

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a design I worked on years ago where I downloaded a sparkle star paint brush effect or it was originaly part of Photoshop paint brush effects to use. Either way I cannot locate the original brush preset. I only have it as an effect on a layer from a previous PSD file. I know I can download other sparkle star effects but none of the others look EXACTLY like the one I used in the past. I want to use this on future projects. How do I add this sparkle star effect to my other list of brushes under the Brush Tool. 

I tried using the Lasso tool to select it and then the Move tool to move it out of place so it is by itself for me to select and do something with it. I've managed to complete this. All I need to do now is figure how to add to my list of brushes. 

Is this possible to achieve?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to save a paint brush effect from previous design to use on future projects

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a design I worked on years ago where I downloaded a sparkle star paint brush effect or it was originaly part of Photoshop paint brush effects to use. Either way I cannot locate the original brush preset. I only have it as an effect on a layer from a previous PSD file. I know I can download other sparkle star effects but none of the others look EXACTLY like the one I used in the past. I want to use this on future projects. How do I add this sparkle star effect to my other list of brushes under the Brush Tool. 

I tried using the Lasso tool to select it and then the Move tool to move it out of place so it is by itself for me to select and do something with it. I've managed to complete this. All I need to do now is figure how to add to my list of brushes. 

Is this possible to achieve?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is it a layer style? in this case, target your layer, then go to Windows> styles to load the styles panel and click the [+] button.

If it is a pattern, you might want to create a selection, then go to edit>define pattern.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't think it is either case. It is currently a regualar layer I  created and then used the paint brush tool in the past where the sparkle star effect was there for me to use. Now that brush effect is no longer there and I cannot remember if I downloaded it as a preset or if it came with Photoshop. 

However, I manage to on my old design move the sparkle effect using Moving tool. I now want to add it as an option to my brush tool effects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have individual brush strokes, I don't think you'd be able to select it, then go to edit-define brush tip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

posting a screenshot, including the layers panel, might help up help you...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sparkle effect screenshot.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see screenshot. The sparkle stars on one layer while the black background is on another layer. I want to take one of these and add to brush presets. When I make the black background not visible, and then select a star with Lasso tool, and then go to Edit>Define Brush Preset, it gives some message "could not complete the Define Brush Preset command because the selected area is empty.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0