How to save and backup everything in PS 2020?

Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save and backup my entire PS setup. That includes my workspace, menu positions, windowses, actions, swatches, shortcuts - everything I need to feel at home.

Is there a single export file that will do it for me? So far I've been backuping everything separately.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to save and backup everything in PS 2020?

Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save and backup my entire PS setup. That includes my workspace, menu positions, windowses, actions, swatches, shortcuts - everything I need to feel at home.

Is there a single export file that will do it for me? So far I've been backuping everything separately.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 31, 2020 0
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There's no single way to backup everything in Photoshop, for the settings you can make a copy of this folder

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

For the rest it's manual I'm afraid

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

What I do is create a backup image of my C Drive using Macrium Reflect on a weekly basis, it only takes about 20 mins to back my C Drive which has about 80GB of used space and a restore only takes about 10 mins, I store all my files on separate drives.

So no matter what happens on my C Drive I just do a restore and everything is back the way it was 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 2
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sad there is not a single way to do this, but your idea is solid. I also backup my drive, and PS settings. I thought maybe my PS backup was rudimentary, old fashioned, but oh well. At least there's one Import for other stuff.

P.S. I'm using PS on Windows, so that's the path of my settings too.

Happy New Year guys! It won't be hard for 2021 to be better, but you never know. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 0
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It won't be hard for 2021 to be better"

Well if it's any worse I'm jumping in the Time Machine and heading back to 2019 🤣

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 1
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Ged said, if you are on macOS, the Preferences folder is here:

Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

I use Time Machine for automatic backups and also make manual backups weekly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 0
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane, I'm sure someone using it on mac would find that helpful too. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 1