• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set Custom Measurement Scale to 1/4" = 1'-0" and (1:50) in CS5?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I apologize if this has already been addressed, and I may be overthinking this, but I am not sure how to set the custom measurement scale appropriately. I am trying to add custom scales for scaled foot and meter floor plans of 1/4" = 1'-0" (1:50), but I am not really sure how to do this... I have the dialogue box open to set the custom measurements, but what to write for "Pixel Length" vs. "Logical Length"? What does "Pixel Length" mean? Can someone help me to figure this out?

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 19.01.51.png

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Pixel length is the lengh of the line that you want as a logical length. For example, if you want 100 px to equal 1 foot, then you put in 100 pixels and 1 as the logical length. About the only way I can think to set up what you want is to set up a document with units in inches, then measure a quarter in with the ruler tool, then set the Measurement Scale so that whatever you got in pixels equals 1 logical length as a foot.

In the screen shot, I have the drawing set to inches units. I drew a 3"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel length is the lengh of the line that you want as a logical length. For example, if you want 100 px to equal 1 foot, then you put in 100 pixels and 1 as the logical length. About the only way I can think to set up what you want is to set up a document with units in inches, then measure a quarter in with the ruler tool, then set the Measurement Scale so that whatever you got in pixels equals 1 logical length as a foot.

In the screen shot, I have the drawing set to inches units. I drew a 3" square (1/4 of a foot) and used the measuring tool to get it's pixel dimension. I put that in the custom measurement box, so now a quarter inch on my file should equal 1 foot.

scale.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I will try this and see if I can get it to work. There is still much I need to learn with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines