• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set photoshop 2020 to free transform images by default?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was using ps and im not 100% sure what i did but after turning of my computer and later opening ps back up i noticed something wasnt right. Before whenever i placed a image or shape into my doccument it would automaticaly turn on free transform without me needing to click 'ctrl t' now when i place an image i have to click the keyboard shortcut. Im sure it probably isnt normal to work with the free transform on automatically but i had gotten really used to it, if there is any way to turn it back on please let me know. Ive seached the whole preferences tab and found nothing, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeGondek_0-1623002377411.png

Uncheck this setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the help. This resolved part of my issue where when i opened an image it allowed for free transform automatically but it hasnt fully gone back to normal. Shapes i place still do not turn on auto transform and also uppon clicking off of the image and then clicking on it again i have to do the keyboard shortcut 'ctrl t' to bring up free transform again. Before whatever changed, changed i was able to open an image and have free transform auto open too then once i clicked off the image and re-clicked it once again brought up free transform automatically this still isnt happeneing with that option un-ticked, are you aware of antoher way to allow this to happen aswell? Manny thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there even a way to do this? I've scoured the settings and can't find anything to do this this. I have no idea how it was turned on before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines