Highlighted

How to Straighten artwork in photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone to help with this issue. Photographing Artwork perfectly straight is a difficult task. i Tend to do this on a blank wall and then select the painting to create a new layer.

sometimes one or two of the edges will be off sqaure. If there an easy way to stretch those out a little to make it square without distorting the image?

the image below probably isnt the best example but can you resize to say 675mm x 620mm and it slightly stretch the layer to fit that size?

DSC_0050.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Straighten artwork in photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone to help with this issue. Photographing Artwork perfectly straight is a difficult task. i Tend to do this on a blank wall and then select the painting to create a new layer.

sometimes one or two of the edges will be off sqaure. If there an easy way to stretch those out a little to make it square without distorting the image?

the image below probably isnt the best example but can you resize to say 675mm x 620mm and it slightly stretch the layer to fit that size?

DSC_0050.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello richb82504718,

There are several ways to fix alignment in Photoshop

1) File ==> Automate ==> Crop and Straighten Photos

2) Edit ==> Transform ==> Change the center of rotation to one of the edges (actually you are prevent changing to this point), then rotate the artwork

3) Crop Tool (C), and use Straighten feature from the option bar above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines