• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable 3D mode in Photoshop?

New Here ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys i am new to photoshop so i turned on 3d mode to check it and it opened some 3d toll bar and stuff i want to turn it off how can i do it

{Moderator note: Edited the thread titled}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi all,

You can turn off the 3D mode or exit from the 3D workspace by going to Photoshop > Windows Menu > Workspace > Select the "Essentials (Default)" option. For more info, check this out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html#turn-off-3d-mode

Also, Photoshop's 3D features are being discontinued. As for Photoshop 22.5, we are beginning the process of removing those features. For detailed info, refer to the following FAQ

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but then that deletes the object you want to keep. You can edit the original. Read the past comments above with the screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way activate a two year old thread to express your opinion of a two year old reply.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having read a number of answers and your explanation as to why you provided information as you did I would call to your attention the fact that one of the first obligations of someone answering a question is to understand the question. There is no point in discussing "the birds and the bees" when when a child asks where he came from if all he wants to know is, "Did I come from New York?
It's a good idea to find out what information is being sought before adding to the confusion in order to demonstrate your superiority. Moreover, criticizing another for decrying his having been denigrated merely adds to your unfortunate assumption of  the need in the absence of easily obtained information so as to declare your innocense as the cause of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, this looks mostly correct and I found it after this but, with the new updates since 2016 it is now under the "Window" button then "Workspace". Thx.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these options worked for me (possibly because I'm on a Mac), but I discovered another way that solved it.

• Click on the main "Photoshop" drop down menu (to the left of File).
  • Select "Preferences."
  • Select "General..."
  • Select the box "Reset Preferences On Quit."
  • Select "Ok."
  • Close out of Photoshop.

When you open it back up, everything should be back to normal.

"To hold a pen is to be at war." -- Voltaire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been struggling with this recently in Photoshop CC 20.x. The answer by Silkrooster either was incorrect or not applicable to me, and JJMack's answer admittedly glazed right past my eyes after he said "3D is not a mode you turn on and off" though in the end his instructions were accurate.

As of Photoshop CC 20.0.3, here's what I've found to exit the 3D workspace i.e. "turn 3D mode off" (including a screenshot for the more visually minded people):

1. Find the Window menu.
  2. Find the Workspace menu within.
  3. Choose the workspace you'd like to switch into (likely Essentials if you're here asking this, but feel free to explore the other workspaces now that you know where to find them)

workspace.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

You can turn off the 3D mode or exit from the 3D workspace by going to Photoshop > Windows Menu > Workspace > Select the "Essentials (Default)" option. Check out the below screenshot for your reference:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 5.54.41 PM.png

To know more about Photoshop workspace, refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!! a lifesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helped me too thanks, chatting with photsohop was crazy...asking me about graphics card..uhhg thanks for the simple fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

You can turn off the 3D mode or exit from the 3D workspace by going to Photoshop > Windows Menu > Workspace > Select the "Essentials (Default)" option. For more info, check this out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html#turn-off-3d-mode

Also, Photoshop's 3D features are being discontinued. As for Photoshop 22.5, we are beginning the process of removing those features. For detailed info, refer to the following FAQ

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue- i was happily designing a flyer an accidentally clicked on 3D - not realising it might do something irreversible. there is no clear way to get back to my work. What has happened to this planet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workspace says "essentials" but I am unable to use my eyedropper tool or my paintbucket tool. It will not get out of 3D mode! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, welcome to the world of Photoshop! It's great to see that you're exploring the 3D features of the software. However, I can understand how it can be overwhelming when you accidentally turn on 3D mode and can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. Don't worry, it's a common problem faced by beginners.

To turn off the 3D mode in Photoshop, you simply need to go to the "3D" menu in the top toolbar and click on "Disable 3D". Alternatively, you can also press the "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D" keys on your keyboard to disable 3D mode. Once you do this, the 3D tools and features will disappear from your workspace and you'll be back to the regular 2D mode.

As someone who's been using Photoshop for a while, I remember my first encounter with the 3D mode. I accidentally turned it on while trying to resize an image and was completely lost in the 3D toolbar and all the new features that suddenly appeared on my screen. I was frustrated and felt like I had messed up my workspace.

But don't let this experience discourage you. The best way to learn Photoshop is through experimentation and practice. Take your time to explore the different features and tools, and if you ever get stuck, a quick Google search or a visit to Adobe's help center will usually provide you with the answers you need. Good luck and have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This was super helpful to fix! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines