• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use 8 button mouse?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have 8 button mouse, how I can use extra buttons when I use Adobe Photoshop? Can I set buttons to tho something, like take pen tool?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ale Taddo wrote:

how I can use extra buttons

When you go to the settings panel in your OS, what are the choices you are given for your mouse buttons?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These advanced mice usually come with their own software for this.

Much as I dislike gaming hardware, I had to bite the bullet and get a Logitech gaming mouse. Any keyboard shortcut can be assigned to any mouse button (8 in my case too) - but I have to do it in the Logitech software. And if there isn't a Photoshop shortcut for what you want, you just assign one in Photoshop Edit > Keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dag, I had to get rid of my G502 because of _annoying_ left button problems.  I was not sure if it was a bug as I have had frustrating problems with two high end Logitech keyboards, so I have got an MX Master 3.  Being non gaming, it uses Logitech Options, and while it works nicely I do miss the G502, and might get another one despite having paid NZ$180 for the MX Master 3.

What is more than a bit embarrassing is that I realised why the G502 probably failed.  These stats were not all gained with the G502 but if I have dissarmed nearly two million mines, that must equate to at least two or three times as many button presses, so fair dos to the hardware for lasting as long as it did!   I have tried to find how to reset those stats, but they live on the MS servers.   If anyone does know how to start again without having to change to a new MS identity, I'd love to hear about it.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteIf anyone does know how to start again without having to change to a new MS identity, I'd love to hear about it

By @Trevor.Dennis

Well, you'll have to transfer your account to Cayman Islands or Switzerland, establish a "shell" personality, and hope there will be no more leaks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Logitech mouse, you can use the Logitech Options software to create your own application specific settings, and assign mouse buttons for various tasks in Photoshop.

To activate the pen tool, press P on the keyboard. Most tools have single key shortcuts, and you can also create your own by editing the keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what mouse do you have?  We can't give you definitive advice without that information.

Logitech Options is for non Gaming mice.   With 8 buttons, if you mouse is from Logitech then you need to install G-Hub, but you might have a Corsair mouse that needs iQue, a Razer mouse that needs Synapse, or something esoteric like B-Storm or even one of those Chinese gaming mice from Aliexpress or Wish.

I've used Logitech with LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) and G-Hub, Corsair with iQue and Razer with Synapse and liked them all.  You can assign 'macros' to the buttons which means a series of keystrokes, so you can trigger a multi key Photoshop shortcut with one button.  The control software will detect what app currently has focus, and switch key. asignments acordingly.   Most of them even let you select backlight button colours depending on the app you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines