• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use a selection as a layer?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably something very obvious but I'm not really good with this software. I need to color a drawing on multiple layers, I've created a selection that delimitates the contour of the shape of the drawing (because I don't want colors to go out of this shape), and saved it as a channel. I want at least two layers, one that's just the "background" color that fills in the entire shape, and then another layer where I add new colors and details on top. I also want to be able to add these secondary colors by making a new selection and filling it in, but I want it to fill it in only within the shape selection (think of drawing a cirlce with the select tool and filling it in, but it only fills in the area of the circle that's within the saved selection).

So this is where I have trouble, I can fill in the selection to give my shape a background golor just fine, and I can load it up on any layer I want, but I can't use the "lock transparency" tool because I want the details layer to be "blank" since I'm coloring on top of the filled in shape, and I can't just load the selection to color within because I want to use the select tool to add new colors. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Convert the selection to a Path and then use a shape tool to turn the path into a shape layer. You can fill with a color, pattern, or gradient.. The shape layer can be stroked. You can lower the layer opacity to blend into lower layers using a blend mode. You van also edit the shape.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines