• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use gestures to pan AND zoom, not working in any adobe programs. (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my MacBook I am able to use gestures in all of my adobe progams to pan, scroll, rotate, and pinch to zoom. With my new job I have to use their computers with Windows 10, I have a high precision touchpad and windows gestures enabled on the computer. Pan, scroll, zoom and all of the gestures work in every other program on the computer (such as in excel or chrome), but when trying to use these gestures in any of my adobe progams (really the only place I need them and only reason I purchased a quality trackpad to use) they do not work. In PS I can either have the gestures turned on to pan/scroll but pinch to zoom does not work and just pans, or I can turn on the scroll to zoom feature, which then allows me to zoom, but takes away the ability to pan/scroll. So this is not a solution I am happy with since I need to have both features work at the same time to work efficiently. 

How do I get my Adobe programs (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) to allow me to pan/scroll AND zoom with my trackpad/gestures? I see that other people have posted versions of this question for a few years now, and I can't imagine why adobe would make a change like this to make these programs more difficult to work in when every other program seems to work fine with these gestures, and they work fine on a MacBook. There must be a way to make both features work at the same time?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there's no "solution" to the problem unless some third party has found a way to patch the software. Despite the fact that every other program seems to support this functinoality nearly flawlessly, Adobe continues to insist that the system events available to them are simply too unreliable. Ironic that the alleged reason for not wanting to cripple the software's usability is crippling the software's usability isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed by moderator] I was forced to switch to a windows laptop and this is mindblowingly terrible. Mindblowingly. The most basic, most frequently used controls in the entire program: the absolute foundation of their usability experinece, and they're just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on windows. Un. Freaking. Real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, any updates on this matter? I'm having the same issue, and I am trying to understand if pan AND zoom with the trackpad is available at all on windows, because it seems it is not (either zoom, either scroll [it's not even pan]).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines