• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to uses colors from a different layer to a blank one?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am a student trying go a bit above the requirements for my assignment creating a low poly illustration in Photoshop. I did one version they way that was shown in class where you do the shapes straight onto the layer. If there is a way to do my triangles on a differernt layer while still being able to get the averages please let me know! Thank you so much!Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 7.46.26 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this question is confusing. I don't know any other way to phrase it. ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forget all the step to do a low poly, but I think there is a step to make the triangular selection then use the average filter. So you would just press ctrl/cmd-J to move those pixels, while still selected to a new layer. I guess you could either blur them on the original layer or do it after you copy them to a new layer. However, if you copy them first, you would want to lock the transparency of the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines