Highlighted

how to view clip layer only

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Is there a way in photshop to view only the "clipping mask" and hide other layers (inlcluding the clip layer)?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to view clip layer only

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Is there a way in photshop to view only the "clipping mask" and hide other layers (inlcluding the clip layer)?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand the clipping layer transparency is the clipping mask. Its pixels are the clipping mask and Alt+click on the layer's visibility icon displays that.  If  you do not want to see the mask what do you want to see. Alt+Click on the layer being clipped visibility icon will display the Layer with the clipping mask applied.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to get this?
aaa.jpg

This will hide the rest of the layers in the Layers panel, but will not make them invisible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thank you for replies. What I mean I only want to see the clipped layer (red arrow) and not any other layer (like Shark or Sweat). 

Ayman5E71_0-1601270395884.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Layer was masked you could Toggle the layer mask and vector layer mask with shift+click on the masks. The I only way I know to toggle a clipping mask is with an Alt+Click on the line between the layers to un-clip and re-clip the layer to the clipping mask layer.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0