• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to view feather mask

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi how do I view the feathering on a selection I've made? I remember finding it once before and it would turn everything on screen that isn't the feathered selection red. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

You can press "Q" to show the mask, which will show how much it's feathered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can press "Q" to show the mask, which will show how much it's feathered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amy1.png

As shown, place a layer below the image layer and Fill it with white (or any other color).

Click on of the layer that contains your image. Then select the Elliptical Marquee tool, and in the Options bar, set Feather to 0.  Select part of the image. To reposition the selection, click in its center and drag it. Note: If, after creating the selection, you want to alter its dimensions, choose Select > Transform Selection, and make the adjustment. Then either click on the Commit checkmark in the upper right of the Options bar, or use the Return key to complete the change.)

Add a Layer Mask. It will produce a hard-edged oval containing the selected portion of the image.

Choose the Properties panel and, as you view the image, move the Feather slider to produce the degree of vignette you prefer and click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I was more so looking for was the 'q' shortcut as another pointer pointed out but thank you for the information and your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines