• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to write in arabic in Photoshop CC (and other adobe programs)

Participant ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To enable Arabic in Photoshop CC, go to preferences (Ctrl + K) > 'Type' tab > then set the text engine to MIDDLE EASTERN AND SOUTH ASIAN. Restart Photoshop. Open Photoshop again, go to the Type (in the Menu) > language options > chose MIDDLE EASTER FEATURES. (this enables the right-to-left direction in the paragraph panel).

You're all set now.

Please note that for Illustrator/InDesign and other programs Arabic is enabled by default, so you do not have to do anything.

IMPORTANT!!! Please note that when installing Adobe CC, to have arabic enabled, you must first choose "ENGLISH-ARABIC" language in the installation wizard, instead of leaving it to the default "English", otherwise you cannot use Arabic in Photoshop and the Adobe programs. If you haven't done this you must reinstall Adobe with Arabic/English.

The Good News: You don't have to buy the "Middle Eastern Version" of Adobe anymore, to be able to use Arabic. Now with Adobe CC all you have to do is set the language to English-Arabic in the installation, and arabic will be enabled. (in CS6 and earlier, you had to buy a special MIDDLE EASTERN VERSION of the Adobe suite in order to be able to use the arabic features)

Good luck.

Comment if you need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

I referenced your thread, in my screenshot tutorial on how to change the Photoshop interface language in the Creative Cloud Desktop Panel.

Photoshop question

I'm sure English-Arabic and English Hebrew can be added without conflicts, but I never tried. It is a choice in the App Language menu.

So Adobe has not yet developed a language pack to change the UI language to Hebrew or Arabic, but does have English-Arabic as a way to at least input Arabic if I understand clearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I referenced your thread, in my screenshot tutorial on how to change the Photoshop interface language in the Creative Cloud Desktop Panel.

Photoshop question

I'm sure English-Arabic and English Hebrew can be added without conflicts, but I never tried. It is a choice in the App Language menu.

So Adobe has not yet developed a language pack to change the UI language to Hebrew or Arabic, but does have English-Arabic as a way to at least input Arabic if I understand clearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thats great! I would like to link back to your solution from a post on my blog. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the changes in photoshop as per the steps above. But my Illustrator still wouldn't change back to typing arabic. The weird thing is when I purchased the package it worked perfectly fine in the beginning and then my Mac was upgraded and I installed the programs again, and now they wont work. I am desperate and don't know what to do.

Please I need help ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this thread was made for windows and not mac, i don't know about mac. but i'll try to help.

did photoshop worked, but illustrator didn't? that's weird -they should both work if you have enabled the Arabic/english feature in the installation, instead of leaving it to english. did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going ot confirm that as of Oct. 2020 and with OS X 10.14-10.15 this doesn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check my video tutorial as well.:

How to enable Arabic in Photoshop CC - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

If we want to enable Middle east option, then we need to uninstall and reinstall or any other option. In preferences i was able to activate Middle East option but when it come to Main Menu > Type > Language options then i am not able to activate as the option is greyed out. Please help me to solve the issue. 

Regards

KJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how do I remove it? The Arabic enabled English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

رونالدو

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines