Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How uninstall CC but leave LR and PS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it possible to uninstall CC and still have PS and LR installed.

I dont want CC processes going on in the background. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? What harm does it do?

In any case, you can't. The CC app manages your license and updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what @D Fosse said, you will get this message if you even try to sign out of Creative Cloud.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1609450016267.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a point. If you only need to check in every 30 days to validate you have a licence so really nothing else should be running outside of your apps. I can't stand things running that I didnt open. I certainly turn off data collection and usage and all that usual baggage... and I will be looking at what else I may be able to turn off in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what is the actual problem that you need to solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, but it is only a front-end dashboard to the background processes that get installed with Photoshop and Lightroom. To really kill those processes you have to do it manually. The challenge for you is that Creative Cloud processes are tightly integrated with Adobe applications, so manually ripping them out could cause some things to not work, or a series of errors, because the applications are built to assume those processes are going to be there. In addition, you would have to rip out those processes again every time you update the software, because every update will probably reinstall them. I haven’t seen an exact list of what all those processes do, but they certainly include:

• Components for lots of things on the Home screen (such as tutorial thumbnails and links). 
  • Cloud Documents synchronization. 
  • Adobe Fonts synchronization. 
  • Creative Cloud Library synchronization. 
  • Crash reporting. 
  • Licensing verification. 

On my laptop these processes don’t use much real RAM or CPU power (right now it looks like a fraction of 1% CPU total). And keep in mind that the same thing still exists on any Mac or Windows computer with no third party applications installed: If you check your process monitor, there is still a long list of background processes run by the OS itself, that do things like monitor for notifications, verify licensing, check for updates, check feeds, sync cloud services, etc. And those can’t be turned off either. We only have to hope they are all coded well enough not to use up too much power or battery life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember the good old days you could open the app and it opened lightening fast .... nice clean slate ... file - new ... and off you go.

Now it seems the apps take ages to open, and I suspect there's just too much going on ... templates, presets, homescreens, syncing, tutorials... if I wanted any of that I'd go set it up myself it doesn't belong in the apps, ... now I'm not complaining YET ... 🤣🤣🤣  I am in my first week of trying to get used to all these new versions and all of the baggage that comes with them.... so we'll see what happens...

The last thing I got rid of was Adobe Acrobat Updater that was running on start up... what is that even there for? See it is the principle of the thing... its like constant surveillance or something like I'm an employee or something 🤣🤣🤣 but again we'll see I am an Adobe fan all the way so it better not let me down! 🤣🤣🤣8)8)8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad C. Ive looked at the Processes in Task manager a bit deeper, and as you say, although there is a long list of Adobe processes runing they dont look like they use too much Mem and CPU most of the time. It does bug me a bit though.

Having recently got photoshop AND at the same time upgrade my Camera to a larger Megapixel sensor, all of a sudden my not so fast Laptop which was handling things OK before, now is quite slow to scan many images to decide which to edit, and also PS slows to a halt at times when doing intensive things.

I guess there is nothing I can do but update my Laptop sometime.

The CC features are I suppose useful to many, but I'm not interested in them.

I assume the subscription based Software suits CC and Adobe staying in tight control of how you use the software.

Thanks for your thoughts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the cc app runs in the background even if you want to block it... If you do remove the cloud sync then try to run Photoshop/ Lightroom it will automatically fire up a second version of cloud sync which you have to restart your system to remove with out using registry hacks

Yes it is in fact possible to remove the cc app but I don't recommend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking to speed things along a little, you could try the following…

Turn off…
Photoshop Preferences > General > Auto show the Home Screen

Turn on…
Photoshop Preferences > General > Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Nice tip to speed initial startup. Note, seemed to need PC restart in order for those settings to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines