• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How would I make white transparent and anything close to white semi transparent

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have an image with a white background. The creator of it, who created it for me, told me that she cannot undo the white background, as she's already finalized the project and disposed of the original works.

How do I make anything completely one color and it's similar colors transparent? Like, the color itself is fully transparent, while similar colors are semi-transparent. can I use a mask to achieve this effect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope I understand correctly what you are trying to do. Do you want to make the white background transparant? In that case you have to make a duplicate of the layer. In the duplicate layer you can select the white background and delete it. This will make the background transparant. 

For the similar colors you can use a mask and lower the opacity to make it semi-transparant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to create a mask, but when I lower the opacity, it changes the entire image of colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use a script, action, plug-in or do the steps yourself to perfectly remove white 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines