• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in Photoshop PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how I do to create a pdf files from Photoshop whith any hyperlinks thath works in any pdf readers?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Trevor is correct that InDesign is the right tool for hyperlinks using the Hyperlinks panel. Don’t rely on automatically generated hyperlinks that Adobe Acrobat may create on the fly, as these are not supported in all viewers.

You can also use the Links tool in Adobe Acrobat to create the links.

Hyperlinks are supported in both Print and Interactive PDFs when exported from InDesign. I trust Trevor to give you correct information about Microsoft Publisher, as I refuse to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat Pro. But it will only work in readers that support hyperlinks. Some won’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I try this yet, but Acrobat shatter my file when run the OCR and make a poor pdf.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF file for Cricket World Cup 2019 Schedule using Photoshop but I wasn't able to add my hyperlink there.

Any other option than Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just I try another way that works fine, I import the psd file in Adobe Illustrator and export in pdf and in this works the URL links and the mail links.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is the right tool for the job, but if you don't have InDesign, and do have Office 365, or any complete version of Office, then Microsoft Publisher will make hyperlinks and save to interactive PDF.   Even MS Word will do the job, but is a nightmare to do layout with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor is correct that InDesign is the right tool for hyperlinks using the Hyperlinks panel. Don’t rely on automatically generated hyperlinks that Adobe Acrobat may create on the fly, as these are not supported in all viewers.

You can also use the Links tool in Adobe Acrobat to create the links.

Hyperlinks are supported in both Print and Interactive PDFs when exported from InDesign. I trust Trevor to give you correct information about Microsoft Publisher, as I refuse to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating my CV on Photoshop 2020 (just because is easier for me) and when I export as Photoshop PDF it recognises my email, linkedin and vimeo as links, so I am able to clic on them, but for some reason Photoshop makes a spelling mistake on the "hyperlink" so when I clic on that pdf link it won't open the right web-site. But it doesn't change the actual text so when I read the CV all the links seem to be fine, but when I place the mouse on top of the link it will show the spelling mistake. So the pdf reads paolo.perazzo@xxx.com but when placing the mouse on top it will say mailto:paolo.perazo@xxx.com with just ONE "z". same goes for my linkedin and vimeo which they all have my surname on the URL. Is there any way to correct this within Photoshop 2020? 

So the Photoshop PDF exports the clickable links but it just auto-corrects it and I have no way of knowing this. I don't think I need Acrobat or InDesign or anyother because the links are clickable... just need to make sure is the right "link". 

Thanks 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it the only hyperlink in the layer? I was having the same issue: instead of "www" the hyperlink was "ww" so the page couldn't open of course. I realized that the problem was that on the same layer I was trying to create two hyperlinks. When I was deleting one, everything worked fine. So I split the text in two layers and the problem was solved.
And I was not using the slice tool to create the hyperlinks. They were created automatically by Photoshop and they work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem when exporting a pdf from photoshop with a hyperlink to a zoom meeting (using the slice tool) - when the pdf is exported, the link auto-corrects ‘zoom’ to zom although the text in the photoshop document is correct.  There is obviously an issue when a hyperlink contains two letters which are the same and sit together. Would be grateful for any solutions on offer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  In this case it's my linkedin url that is being misread.  It is changing "cotty" to "coty".  To make matters worse, I'm not aware of any way of telling it NOT to create the hyperlink as I'd rather it not link at all instead of linking to the wrong page.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"exporting a pdf from photoshop with a hyperlink to a zoom meeting (using the slice tool)"

@Julia Conway :

When you use the Slice tool and choose Save for Web (legacy), Photoshop will generate html code for the hyperlink that can be copied into your longer html code and is clickable in a browser. That's all it does.

Julia and @defaultdvxi76qy25pl :

The hyperlinks you create with the Slice tool do not apply to PDFs and Photoshop does not make hyperlinks for PDFs. What happens with PDFs is you have two kinds of hyperlinks:

• automatically created
  • on-purpose created

You can't trust the automatically created hyperlinks, and they only work in some PDF viewers, and don't always work well. To create a hyperlink that will work properly, you need to create it. You can do this with the Hyperlinks panel in InDesign or with the Links panel in Adobe Acrobat, then view the PDF in Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. You cannot do it in Photoshop, as Photoshop is primarily an (excellent) image editor that does some other things in limited capacity.

Adobe does not own PDF, so PDFs can be made and viewed by other vendors. You have no control what others will use to view them, which is why many sites include the phrase, "This PDF works best with Adobe Acrobat Reader" and include the link for the free download.

If you want proper hyperlinks, use InDesign or Adobe Acrobat to create them.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fine not creating hyperlinks in Photoshop.  My problem is that if I type in a URL in photoshop and then save it as a Photoshop PDF, that URL automatically is made into a hyperlink in the PDF.  There's nothing I can do to stop it from happening that I know of.  I'm stuck not being able to put URLs in the text of my Photoshop file because a hyperlink will automatically be created in the saved PDF and it points to the wrong place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked for a webpage to explain the automatic links that Acrobat adds. Read all the comments as well as the article from 2007 by @davidblatner on CreativePro.com, as it also includes a tip from @BobLevine on how to break the URL to stop it from happening. This may help you.

https://creativepro.com/why-are-my-hyperlinks-still-working/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it the only hyperlink in the layer? I was having the same issue: instead of "www" the hyperlink was "ww" so the page couldn't open of course. I realized that the problem was that on the same layer I was trying to create two hyperlinks. When I was deleting one, everything worked fine. So I split the text in two layers and the problem was solved.
And I was not using the slice tool to create the hyperlinks. They were created automatically by Photoshop and they work fine.
Another thing I notice, in all cases there were two (or more) same letters one of which was disappearing: "perazzo - perazo", "zoom - zom", "cotty - coty", "www - ww" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

solved?  solved would be the ability to SAVE MULTI-LAYER PDS FILES AS PDF FILES so we could enter the pdf and hyperlink our text.

why is this so hard, adobe?

it's not.  they just want to have eighteen different programs when in the year 2022 they could make just one or two without the the entire [removed by moderator] creative clouding suite of processor-[removed by moderator], ctrl-alt-delete task-managing [removed by moderator]. factor nine point eleven [removed by moderator].

cha-ching!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines