Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am looking for a way to acive a very simple lasso fill tool

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasso fill with color tool 

Is there any way I can simply have upon drawing a lasso shape,  have it fill the lasso shape automatically a color (foreground) then the lasso is cleared when drawn .

It has to be automatic so I can lay down form after form ...no paths layer no switching to a fill tool or hitting fill hotkeys or lasso clearing but one hand movement and you produce a shape in colored pixels on one layer. 

In the image below I wanted to draw a few dozen sail shapes very quickly but I had to switch over to clip studio to do this so I have to save everything and remove layer adjustments then save it as a temp PSD then open it into CLip studio then save what I do they open the temp PSD file then copy past it into my original PSD file ... just so I can use the automatic fill tool. change that can be made that would be endlessly helpful.    I am willing to pay for it or if you can send me in the right direction I can make it myself any help on this would greatly be appreciated thanks The-Hawk__Lightroom-2020.jpg

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple two step action. Step 1 menu Edit>Fill set foreground color followed by step 2 menu Select>Deselect. Assign a Fkey to play the action.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already built that but thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fill is going to be very flat boring.  I would think you would want to add a layer style to give your sail layer some punch.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To better illustrate the enormous help a simple Auto-fill lasso tool would yield I put together this as an example of how I made this illustration in 3 hours ..  Lasso_fill_Colorbb.jpgto this here The_Arena_2020_StifterC.jpg

I can lay down form and value very very fast with the autofill lasso Auto_fill_lasso.jpgThese are some examples I can find if a gif showing it work would help I can make one. Again anywhere I can program the tool myself if that is possible I would be interested in trying I have developed my own DLLS and software tools if you could just point me in any direction to do this. Again I can pay money to have it done 5K would be my limit, for now, Anyone out there reading this please give me a call or email me at johnstifter@hotmail.com thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much money would it cost to spur possible development of this out of curiosity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One work around it not perfect, but Freeform Pen in shape mode with combine shapes (or not if you want a layer for each path)  There is a pixel mode for shapes but unfortunitly not for paths defined as shapes. 

It a little ruff, but might work for you. Then simply rasterize the layer and to continue building values with brushes and other tools.

There is a pixel mode for shapes, but unfortunitly it not aviliable for paths. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll look into that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it. Run it once so it sets notifications. Before running the script, you need to save it, since notifications will refer to a specific file on disk.

To remove use the Photoshop menu file -> scripts -> scripts event manager

#target photoshop

s2t = stringIDToTypeID,
    t2s = typeIDToStringID;

try { var target = t2s(arguments[1]) } catch (e) { }

try {
    if (target) {
        (r = new ActionReference()).putProperty(s2t('property'), p = s2t('tool'));
        r.putEnumerated(s2t('application'), s2t('ordinal'), s2t('targetEnum'));
        var tool = t2s(executeActionGet(r).getEnumerationType(s2t('tool')));
        if (tool == 'lassoTool') {
            switch (target) {
                case 'subtractFrom':
                    executeAction(s2t('delete'), undefined, DialogModes.NO);
                    break;
                default:
                    (d = new ActionDescriptor()).putEnumerated(s2t('using'), s2t('fillContents'), s2t('foregroundColor'));
                    d.putUnitDouble(s2t('opacity'), s2t('percentUnit'), 100);
                    d.putEnumerated(s2t('mode'), s2t('blendMode'), s2t('normal'));
                    executeAction(s2t('fill'), d, DialogModes.NO);
                    break;
            }
            (r = new ActionReference()).putProperty(s2t('channel'), s2t('selection'));
            (d = new ActionDescriptor()).putReference(s2t('null'), r);
            d.putEnumerated(s2t('to'), s2t('ordinal'), s2t('none'));
            executeAction(s2t('set'), d, DialogModes.NO);
        }
    } else {
        app.notifiersEnabled = true
        var f = File($.fileName)
        app.notifiers.add('setd', f, 'Chnl')
        app.notifiers.add('AddT', f, 'Chnl')
        app.notifiers.add('SbtF', f, 'Chnl')
    }
} catch (e) { alert(e) }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy.. molly you did it ...   Yes!    This is amazing. Lasso_fill_tool2020.jpg

Thank you very much.  With this script example, knowing what it does, I can figure out other things to make so I can add to the community too. Cheers jazz-y !  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to add the polygonal lasso tool also.

if (tool == 'lassoTool' | tool == 'polySelTool') {

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice, I'll probably need straight edges too.  Thanks, JJMack .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines