• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer open my PSD work files in Photoshop 2021

Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the attached message. I have done alot of work over the past several years back to 2013 and before. What is the problem w Photoshop that it can't open past work. Does that mean that saving Photoshop files is a waste of time?

Trying to Live Simply

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

What is ridiculous is my memory. All of my back up PSD layered files lost their data, leaving them at appx 180 bytes each. I still have no idea how it happened. CC21 sees no layer data, and refuses to open it. I have run across this before and forgot. Had to write reminders to myself for the next time I forget.

Called Photoshop Support. They patiently showed me the size of the files. Thank you again Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 9.54.26 PM.jpg

 

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files are ONLY PHOTOSHOP FILES> I keep them for work backups. Why the hell doesn't Photoshop open its own dang files?

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. You want me to continue to pay for software that you cant save for future use?

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is ridiculous is my memory. All of my back up PSD layered files lost their data, leaving them at appx 180 bytes each. I still have no idea how it happened. CC21 sees no layer data, and refuses to open it. I have run across this before and forgot. Had to write reminders to myself for the next time I forget.

Called Photoshop Support. They patiently showed me the size of the files. Thank you again Adobe.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines