• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't create a new document or open files in Photoshop 21.2.4 on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need some help with my Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4.

Everytime I try to create a new document, the configuration panel appears but when I press the "create" button nothing happens. I can't open old files too. I've already check my system requirements and it's compatible.

Can you help me please? Thanks a lot.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Which version of Windows are you using? Since when are you facing this issue?

You can try going to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance and disable the option to Use Graphics Processor. Also, please ensure that the option for Legacy Compositing is unchecked. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thanks for the reply.

My windows version is 7 and i'm facing this issue since 3 days ago... I've done every single step you recomended but still doesn't work...I have another computer (windows 10) where this Photoshop version works perfectly fine. I work with photoshop for about 14 years and i've never experienced anything like that, so i'm feeling kinda lost...

Anyways, i'm sending some print screen's of my preferences panel, maybe it might helps to understand what am I doing wrong.

capture 1.JPGcapture 2.JPGcapture 3.JPG

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional info! Please try using the Adobe Cleaner tool to uninstall the not working Adobe products, restart your machine and reinstall the product one by one via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Adobe Cleaner tool download link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your help once again.

Today, I've done an upgrade to Windows 10 and the problem was finally fixed.

Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your tip! I had the same problem with windows 7. I was unable to open a file in this version of photoshop. I 've just unchecked the option you mentioned "Use Graphic Processor" and solve my issue!. (At least at the moment) .

I just wonder if the pannel (on the botton right side) "%DL_Library pannel_name " is correct?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same issue since updating to 21.2.4. I cannot even drag and drop to open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on? Have you tried the steps suggested in the thread so far to check if they help?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines