Highlighted

I can't draw with my pen?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop on my personal computer and I wanted to draw with the mixer brush. I can use my stylus to click on anything in Photoshop; I just can't draw on the page itself with my stylus. I can use my mouse to draw, though. I'm new to Photoshop so I don't really know what the problem is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't draw with my pen?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop on my personal computer and I wanted to draw with the mixer brush. I can use my stylus to click on anything in Photoshop; I just can't draw on the page itself with my stylus. I can use my mouse to draw, though. I'm new to Photoshop so I don't really know what the problem is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Abigail,

What tablet are you using?

Possibly I can help you.

If it is a Wacom tablet, the Wacom tablet software needs to be installed, to activate many off the tablet functions.

Best wishes,

Cher

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find out how to use your pen? I'm having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop?

Which operating system?

What kind of tablet or surface do you have?

Top 10 Best Tablets For Photoshop and Photo-Editing [January 2018]

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a Dell Inspiron Laptop and a Mixoo high sensitivity stylus with Photoshop 2018.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Abigail,

I am more familiar with Mac systems, a Wacom tablet and pen or a Cintiq, and using an iPad, but would be happy to try to help you.

Does your Dell Inspiron laptop have a touch display? I looked up your computer and see that this is an option, but some do not.

Was there software included with the Mixoo high sensitivity stylus? If so, that would need to be installed.

There may also be an option in your system prefs to enable use of a pen on the screen (if you have a touch screen), and pressure sensitivity for drawing and painting.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes,

Cher

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop does have a touch display and my stylus didn't come with software. I checked my preferences and I didn't find any options relating to pressure sensitivity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Abigail,

Good to know that you have a touch display.

Hmmm.

I read above:

"I can use my stylus to click on anything in Photoshop; I just can't draw on the page itself with my stylus. I can use my mouse to draw, though. I'm new to Photoshop so I don't really know what the problem is."

It's puzzling, as you say that you can use the stylus to click on anything, but you cannot draw on a page.

Did you try drawing on your touch screen with a finger?

If you cannot draw with your finger, then possibly a preference needs to be enabled for your touch screen.

In my experience, with tablets like iPads, a Samsung tablet with stylus and a 2-in-1 PC w stylus, the touch screen has prefs for drawing, that can be turned on and off and / or be modified.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Kind regards,

Cher

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, again, Abigail,

Here is some information that I found.

Troubleshooting Touch Screen issues

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln294951/troubleshooting-touchscreen-issues-in-micros...

https://www.dell.com/community/General/Touch-Screen-on-Inspiron-13-5378-not-working/m-p/5072396

How to Enable or Disable your Computer’s Touch Screen

https://www.howtogeek.com/258522/how-to-enable-or-disable-your-computers-touch-screen-in-windows-10/

Abigail, I also found an older situation from 2013 with info about Photoshop and touch screens.

Check the posts with the information from JJMack MVP.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1226342

Wow! I was thinking that Photoshop CC may now support touch screens for drawing, but now see that this may not YET be the case. Check out this answer on Adobe help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/support-touch-screens-photoshop-cs6.html

I hope the information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Cher

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines