• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open my RAW (NEF) files with my portable photoshop cs6 even after installing CameraRAW 9.1.1

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a problem since I reinstalled my windows,

Before I reinstalled my windows I had the same photoshop but there was a difference, I had a Plug-in that I've found on the internet long time ago.

Even if I install whatever version of CameraRAW I cannot open my NEF files in my version of photoshop

Camera that I use is a Nikon D80. I only need the plug-in so I can copy it in the Plug-in files from my photoshop, if anyone can help me with that plug-in I'll thank him soooo much, he will be my life saviour.

Thanks for your attention, I hope you can help me!

Regards,

Lucian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Scroll down this page - the camera raw updates for CS6 are near the bottom

Update information for older versions of Adobe Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucian,

Here's an Adobe page with the plugin installer:
Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Here's another link that may be of interest:

How to Open NEF Files in Photoshop: 14 Steps (with Pictures)

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need the CameraRAW. I need the proper files that are located in Photoshop@Plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to open a *.NEF file in Photoshop you do need camera raw. Camera Raw is installed as a Camera Raw.8bi plug in inside C: Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-ins\CS6\File Formats

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful how you phrase the question. I couldn't help but notice you said "portable" Photoshop.

If that's really how you got it, it's counterfeit software, you've been scammed, and ACR or any plugin most likely won't work at all.

Pirated versions of Photoshop have taken many forms, but the "portable" version is well known to be fake. There is no such thing ever sold by Adobe, under that name or any other.

OTOH if this is legit, it's as Dave said. You need to install the ACR plugin, that's it - that's all you need and nothing else. It comes as its own installer and there's no need for you to go into any plugins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Adobe Photoshop CS6: Adobe Camera Raw 7.4 You can open D80 files with Adobe Photoshop CS6 with the newest Adobe Camera RAW plugin version 7.4. Earlier versions of Photoshop (CS5 and older) can not be updated to the newest Camera Raw version and will not be able to open Nikon D80 .NEF files. You will need CS6 with the updated Camera Raw to open D80 .NEF files.
  • Adobe DNG Converter: You can convert D80 NEF files to Adobe Digital Negative Gallery (DNG) format using the Adobe DNG Converter version 7.4. After converting to DNG format, you can open .DNG files with earlier versions of Adobe Photoshop and other programs that can read DNG format.

Hope this both methods will help you. For more support please check Nikon D80 Manual. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines