• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can’t permanently crop an image in PS 22.0.0

Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PS 22.0.0 Crop Tool’s  “Discard Cropped Pixels doesn’t appear to have any effect.  If I ctrl-hover over a “cropped” image, a frame with the original dimensions appears. Smart Objects open to their original dimensions. The old image/crop command has no effect.  If there’s a way to do a simple permanent crop of an image, I haven’t found it.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Smart objects  pixels can not be changed. Crop would crop the documents Canvas size and the canvas size would be a clipping mask for the smart object layer layers pixel content.  Pixels outside the canvas area would not be visible in photoshop and would also  not be printed. Photoshop layer can be any size.If you save a flat image there are not layers the image will fit within the canvas.  Logical the layer visible pixels looks like the layer has bee cropped.  The Smart Object layer object may be an embedded file of link file that is larger then he current Document has ever been.  Crop crop the whole document no layer will have visible pixels outside the document canvas area. You could state a documents canvas bounds mask all layers. It virtually crops the Document's composite image

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines