• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't save large/long .psd for web at 100%?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I'm a PS vet. Been on it for 15 years. Since I updated it last week to Version 22.3.1, the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen in my life started to happen. I'm a digital designer. Sometimes I have files that are very, very long. I have 2 files I'm trying to save out:

1. A .psb - 2,880 x 15,000 px at 72dpi 

2. A .psd - 2,880 x 15,000px at 72dpi 

At first I thought this was a problem with my .psb which was cropped from an original file size of 2,880 x 50,000 px at 72dpi. So I made a .psd with the cropped contents and it is still giving me the same problem. When I save either for web (jpeg, png, anything) - it's forcing the literal size/scale down from 100% to some random percentage I didn't input. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to save it at 100% - the software just keeps erroring telling me I need to put in a number between .1 and the arbitrary number they came up with which is currently 54.61 (see screenshots).

Please help - what am I doing wrong? Or what weird new preference do I need to uncheck?

Thanks so much, Community. It sure would be nice to not have to rebuild this entire file in Sketch or Figma.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

That is not new. Save for web was designed for web use i.e. screen images and has always been limited on the long side to around 9k pixels. If you need wide images use Save as Copy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not new. Save for web was designed for web use i.e. screen images and has always been limited on the long side to around 9k pixels. If you need wide images use Save as Copy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave, I should have noted - I had no issue saving this original .psb that is 2,880 wide x 50,000 long pixels. I was able to save it for web just fine a month ago. I didn't run into this issue until the recent update. And I have had no issues in the past with any of the other very long websites I designed in PS - saving them for web (png, jpeg) at 100%.

I just tried Save As Copy and although a new work around I have not had to do in the past, does work. Thank you for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines