I can't select my text in PS. I need help please

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there is no human to chat with dispite the words "real help from real people" at the bottom of the help pages.  Its a never ending circle of hell.  I just want to know why I can't select any text and the lorem ipsum happens everytime I click on a document, creates a new layer lorem ipsum.ugghhh 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

No.  You need the native artwork with PSD layers. Or you need to create a new text layer and remove the old one manually. Depending on complexity of image, it might be best to create new artwork. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't select my text in PS. I need help please

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there is no human to chat with dispite the words "real help from real people" at the bottom of the help pages.  Its a never ending circle of hell.  I just want to know why I can't select any text and the lorem ipsum happens everytime I click on a document, creates a new layer lorem ipsum.ugghhh 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

No.  You need the native artwork with PSD layers. Or you need to create a new text layer and remove the old one manually. Depending on complexity of image, it might be best to create new artwork. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your text in an editable Type layer denoted by T for Type?  See screenshot.

image.png

If type layer is flattened or rasterized, you cannot select & edit it because it's part of the main image.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you!  I believe it is rasterized. It is a logo made by someone else saved as a psd file.  Is there a way to unraterize it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0