Highlighted

I cannot believe you still haven't fixed it! Keyboard shortcuts with non English standard layout

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's year 2020 and you, Adobe, having such a huge amount of resources, being "the industry stardard" and all, still haven't fixed this, causing irritation for so many. This problem is known for almost a decade: we are forced to use 3 keyboard layout (being multi langual) just to keep one app (Photoshop) working. What is it - arrogance from your side? 

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I cannot believe you still haven't fixed it! Keyboard shortcuts with non English standard layout

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's year 2020 and you, Adobe, having such a huge amount of resources, being "the industry stardard" and all, still haven't fixed this, causing irritation for so many. This problem is known for almost a decade: we are forced to use 3 keyboard layout (being multi langual) just to keep one app (Photoshop) working. What is it - arrogance from your side? 

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Norwegian keyboard, but English Photoshop and Windows, I've had problems "forever" with Photoshop shortcuts that stop working unpredictably.

Lately that has improved significantly, and now it happens very rarely (weeks and months apart). I think this was basically a Windows problem from the start, not Photoshop. If you keep the region/language settings on your taskbar, it's just a click to rectify the situation when it occurs.

Also note that there is actually a Windows shortcut to toggle regional settings, and it's easy to accidentally hit this. It took me a while to figure this out. This shortcut can be disabled in Windows language settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off: Isuues with non-english keyboards seem to be known much longer than a decade.

But more importantly: This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

As for Adobe implementing customisable shortcuts in Photoshop but then excluded some shortcuts from that – it seems undeniably unfortunate and you may want to post a Feature Request over on 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop

though I am certain the issue has been touched upon in some existing threads. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex Vik its 2020 and you do not seem to realize this is a user forum site you are complaining to users like your yourself.  Adobe set this site up so their users could help each others get their work done the the ran into problem with All Adobe Products. This forum is part of  that site Adobe Support Community 

Adobe support will fix many problem Adobe creates. However not all prolems will be fixed.

Adobe also set up a site for Photoshop users to give Adobe  their feedback for Photoshop related products Where  Users can submit QUESTIONS suggest IDEAS report PROBLEMS give PRAISE and for ANNOUNCEMENTS.  However there no complaint area on that site.  Photoshop Family Customer Community 

Photoshop

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines