• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot use Photoshop CC tonight.

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use Photoshop CC tonight. Don't know why. I restarted my PC twice. Please help.

It won't launch correctly and I keep getting an error message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the content of the error mssage?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very general. 

Sorry, an error occurred

An error report has be generated. Photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently deleted a lot of photos from my PC. This freed up space. I was pretty careful not to delete anything important, but maybe I did. Anyway, I uninstalled my old Photoshop, and reinstalled. And restarted. STill doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if there is a system crash report you can post. The may be some useful information in there. You could also try resetting your Photoshop Preferences if Photoshop use to work. Try starting Photoshop immediately press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift to get the delete preferences dialog and reply Yes delete my preferences. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it allows me to view a report. But it's just a bunch of tech gibberish. But I will copy and paste it if you think that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE AdobeCrashReport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">
<crashreport serviceVersion="4.7.0" clientVersion="4.7.0" applicationName="Adobe Photoshop" applicationVersion="22.3.1" build="20210406.r.122" source="Windows-Client" crashType="n/a">
<time year="2021" month="5" day="8" hour="22" minute="53" second="48" timeoffset="-300" timezone="Eastern Daylight Time"/>
<user guid="ed02a51b-b3c1-47b5-9126-9d157bf42c51"/>
<system platform="Windows 10 Home" osversion="10.0" osbuild="19041" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-US" oslanguage="en-US" ram="8132" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3" cpuCount="4" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="3392 MHz" processorArchitecture="9"/>
<gpu>
<gpuinfo availability="Running/Full Power" adapterCompatibility="NVIDIA" adapterRAM="2048 MB" caption="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M" description="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M" driverDate="20170501000000.000000-000" driverVersion="22.21.13.8205" videoModeDescription="2560 x 1440 x 4294967296 colors" pnpDeviceID="PCI&#92;VEN_10DE&#38;DEV_119D&#38;SUBSYS_0120106B&#38;REV_A1&#92;4&#38;20C6D33B&#38;0&#38;0008" installedDisplayDrivers="nvldumdx.dll"/>
</gpu>
<crash exception="EXCEPTION_UNKNOWN" exceptionCode="0xe06d7363" instruction="0x00007FFEF4F44B59">
<backtrace crashedThread="0">
<thread index="0">
<stackStatement index="0" address="0x00007FFEF4F44B59" symbolname="RaiseException"/>
<stackStatement index="1" address="0x00007FFEDC304890" symbolname="CxxThrowException"/>
<stackStatement index="2" address="0x00007FF681A62C63" symbolname="boost::archive::codecvt_null&#60;wchar_t&#62;::do_always_noconv"/>
<stackStatement index="3" address="0x00007FF6819ED658" symbolname="xmlSAX2SetDocumentLocator"/>
<stackStatement index="4" address="0x00007FF682F36C52" symbolname="AIDE::PaletteInfo::operator="/>
<stackStatement index="5" address="0x00007FF6826D1C8E" symbolname="xmlFreeRMutex"/>
<stackStatement index="6" address="0x00007FF682196D3F" symbolname="AIDE::AIDEPoint::operator="/>
<stackStatement index="7" address="0x00007FF68217FB45" symbolname="AIDE::AIDEPoint::operator="/>
<stackStatement index="8" address="0x00007FF682F35D7B" symbolname="AIDE::PaletteInfo::operator="/>
<stackStatement index="9" address="0x00007FF682F37367" symbolname="AIDE::PaletteInfo::operator="/>
<stackStatement index="10" address="0x00007FF6826E9947" symbolname="xmlFreeRMutex"/>
<stackStatement index="11" address="0x00007FF68553717E" symbolname="xmlListWalk"/>
<stackStatement index="12" address="0x00007FF684C1D13A" symbolname="ART::GlobalLog"/>
<stackStatement index="13" address="0x00007FFEF54F1BB2" symbolname="configthreadlocale"/>
<stackStatement index="14" address="0x00007FFEF6BD7034" symbolname="BaseThreadInitThunk"/>
<stackStatement index="15" address="0x00007FFEF7822651" symbolname="RtlUserThreadStart"/>
</thread>
</backtrace>
<registerSet>
<register name="RAX" value="0x0000025351530000"/>
<register name="RBX" value="0x00007FF687A2F760"/>
<register name="RCX" value="0x00000253515302B4"/>
<register name="RDX" value="0x0000000000000000"/>
<register name="RSI" value="0x0000008CA26FEB58"/>
<register name="RDI" value="0x0000000019930520"/>
<register name="RSP" value="0x0000008CA26FE9F0"/>
<register name="RBP" value="0x0000025355AC74B0"/>
<register name="RIP" value="0x00007FFEF4F44B59"/>
<register name="EFL" value="0x0000000000000202"/>
<register name="LastExceptionToRip" value="0x00000000C0000135"/>
<register name="LastExceptionFromRip" value="0x000002536A1E47E0"/>
</registerSet>

<binaryImageSet>
</binaryImageSet>
<dumpType>
Mini
</dumpType>
<hbLogSessionDllStatus>

</hbLogSessionDllStatus>
</crash>

</crashreport>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an Adobe format crash report Adobe may f\nd it useful,  The CMD key is the Ctrl key and the option key is the Alt key so try starting Photoshop and press and hold CMD+Option+Shift to get the  delete preferences dialog.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holding those keys down didn't do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm upset I can't call Adobe on the weekend!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long shot, but right-click on the Ps icon and choose "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't work, gener7.

Everything worked perfectly yesterday. Then, tonight, I go on it and there's an error message. I didn't touch anything. I miss the old days when I had a cd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, try rolling back to a previous version of Ps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

I would install 21.2.7  (Ps 2020) first. This will be a fallback if 2021 still doesn't work.

Since 22.3.1 ((Ps 2021) is a bit buggy, install 22.3 instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete your preferebces namually, rename folder

"C:\Users\(your user id)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings"   to

"C:\Users\(your user id)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings Old"

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone.

I recall Adobe did updates on Friday, Today, I get the "Could Not Complete Your Request because of a Program Error."

Tried some of the steps, can't reset preferences because it errors on closing the preferences and you can't rest them on exit because...It gives the same message when trying to exit photoshop. So, it is stuck open unless I close it by the task manager. I'm a seasoned Microsoft professional in my day job, this doesn't seem Windows or permission related but I will go try to run it as Admin and let you know if that helps.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that I still have my old CS4 cd and can use that old Photoshop. Why did I even want the Photoshop CC ??? It's not always realiable. But it DOES allow me to have great fonts. That's a plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gener7, Tip of the hat, man. Thanks for the suggestion. 

I ran it as Administrator and cleared my preferences which may not actually be necessary. (or maybe it is)
After running it as Admin, it was able to close without it throwing the error, and it ran fine. 

If it's open like mine was, opening as Administrator won't work. You need to close it from the task manager or restart the PC first. 

Find the Photoshop Icon on your start menu or taskbar. Right-Click on the icon. Choose More from the top of the menu. Choose Administrator. 

Do not run applications as administrator unless it is necessary.  In this case, the software must need to update a .dll registration or something because it ran fine for me after I did this step. 

Task Manager is available from a right-click on your time/date on the task bar. 

Goodluck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that helped someone. I'm on MacOS, so sometimes I forget the specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact if you have a previous major version of Ps (21.2.7 for example), don't remove it when upgrading to the next major version as in Ps 2021. Then you have a working final version in case a minor update causes problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that much space on my PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, back to uninstalling and reinstalling. When you uninstall, it isn't "clean". There are various configuration files left behind. The idea is to retain settings. Try uninstalling and when asked, remove settings. Then reinstall.

You can allso try the Cleaner Tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work. I haven't used the Cleaner Tool yet. I'm going to wait and call Adobe tomorrow. Get some guy in India to tell me what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I want to help, some problems are beyond my reach, so best to see what they can do. Update us when you can. I would like to know what I missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fixed the problem. I updated my Photoshop back in January. I must have chosen a version that my computer isn't smart and big enough for. Not enough space and RAM. So, I had to choose a lesser form of 2021 version. Funny that it was working fine for months though. 

Adobe told me that this community has nothing to do with the real Adobe company. So, I should not share info here. That's what they said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines