Highlighted

I don''t want to save PS files to the cloud!

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop photoshop from saving my photos in the cloud? 

Also, when i choose "file>open i get a dialog box that wants to open up files in the cloud, and i have to click another button that says "on your computer" in order to access files. How do i stop that?  I just want to be able to open files on my computer. I do NOT want to use the cloud.  

I am setting up a brand new computer now and have to get through this before i can start using the computer! Help!!

[topic edited by moderator]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gener7 | Adobe Community Professional

You first click the "on my computer" button for the standard open dialog. Then select a directory and open a file. When the file opens in Photoshop, you can close it and you should get the standard open dialog every time, unless you decide to click on the "Open Cloud Documents" button.

Now what are Cloud Documents for? You'll notice they are saved with the .psdc extention usually for working across different platforms and especially Photoshop for the iPad. "Cloud" in this case refers to Adobe's Servers. In fact whenever you hear the "Cloud" or "Cloud-based" buzzwords, it's short for "storing your stuff on someone else's computers." You'll know you are working with a Cloud document because it has a cloud icon in the document tab before the file name. You can only use psdc for the Cloud, not any other file format.

If you ever get Photoshop's iPad edition, that's where you will transfer work between your Desktop Photoshop and iPad Photoshop.

Only Photoshop CC 2020 has this Cloud feature so it's a safe guess that's the version you are using.

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I don''t want to save PS files to the cloud!

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop photoshop from saving my photos in the cloud? 

Also, when i choose "file>open i get a dialog box that wants to open up files in the cloud, and i have to click another button that says "on your computer" in order to access files. How do i stop that?  I just want to be able to open files on my computer. I do NOT want to use the cloud.  

I am setting up a brand new computer now and have to get through this before i can start using the computer! Help!!

[topic edited by moderator]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gener7 | Adobe Community Professional

You first click the "on my computer" button for the standard open dialog. Then select a directory and open a file. When the file opens in Photoshop, you can close it and you should get the standard open dialog every time, unless you decide to click on the "Open Cloud Documents" button.

Now what are Cloud Documents for? You'll notice they are saved with the .psdc extention usually for working across different platforms and especially Photoshop for the iPad. "Cloud" in this case refers to Adobe's Servers. In fact whenever you hear the "Cloud" or "Cloud-based" buzzwords, it's short for "storing your stuff on someone else's computers." You'll know you are working with a Cloud document because it has a cloud icon in the document tab before the file name. You can only use psdc for the Cloud, not any other file format.

If you ever get Photoshop's iPad edition, that's where you will transfer work between your Desktop Photoshop and iPad Photoshop.

Only Photoshop CC 2020 has this Cloud feature so it's a safe guess that's the version you are using.

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this post to Photoshop for you. 

Which operating system?

Which version of Photoshop?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when you save a document for the first time, you will see this dialog:

If you want your computer to be the default, checkmark "Don't Show Again" and click the "Save on your Computer" button, so you don't keep getting that screen.

cloud save.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but why when i save it automaticly save at cloud??? How to change this setting... when i "save as" the photoshop dont popup this screen.. please help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for the "On your computer" button in the Cloud dialog box. Click on it.

Then when you save a file, the regular Save dialog will come up and stay there until you click the "Cloud Document" button.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 3.25.17 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no pop up or option to save "on my computer" what so ever

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gener7 LATEST
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply a screenshot of the Save dialog you are seeing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines