Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a problem when find open path after update CS6 to CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used CS6 in a long time

In CS6, I find open path by Zoom Out image as smallest. Then I use pen tool, click any where outsite the image.

1.png

Then I move the cusor to image until the Join path cusor appear and click. The path will connected at the open point. But In CC version, it make the point anywhere.

Like this

1.png

How to fix it or this is a bug off CC version?

Thanks you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»In CS6, I find open path by Zoom Out image as smallest. Then I use pen tool, click any where outsite the image.«

What open Path and where is it relative to the Canvas? Why do you zoom out exactly? 

Please post meaningful screenshot including the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply, I add 2 videos demo for my case

This video demo for CC2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_L-8QpIBlE 

and CS6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6AGkmtdq04 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t reproduce the issue in CC 2019. 

In CC 2020 the Pen Tool Icon does not change at all when hovering over an open path’s endpoint here, that might be worth a Report.

Photoshop Family

What I don’t understand is what you are doing and why – what good is creating a Path Point that far off the Canvas and trying to connect ut to an existing open Path? Why not go the other way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's is make select image's object such as a dog or cat. I'll make a path around them for create a mark.

Sometime I get miss some point so I can't make selection. In CS6 I can find it quickly by this way but which CC all version I trace all the path to find missing point. And may be take long time if image have many path for earch object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines