Copied

I have an older iMac that worked great with PSD CS6,

but signing up with Adobe does not let me use it, only the

latest version. What can be done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might depend on the version of macOS that is on your iMac. Adobe has been supporting the last three versions of macOS. They shifted up one version when Apple released macOS 10.11, so if you look at the Photoshop system requirements for the latest version, Photoshop 2021 requires macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, or macOS 11. If your iMac was running an older version, the latest version of Photoshop won’t be listed for installation.

The solutions are to upgrade the version of macOS on your iMac if possible, or if you must keep your iMac on the version of macOS that it has now, continue to use an older version of Photoshop.

The Apple system requirements for macOS 10.14 say that it works with iMacs going back to late 2012, so if your iMac is newer than that and you upgrade macOS, it will be able to run the latest version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines