• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have PS CS4 on old Mac & have the DVD w/serial#. New install on new computer serial# too short??

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended, still in the DVD case it came in over 12 years ago. I'm trying to install it on a new laptop, and it goes through the set up and then asks for the serial number. I tried the serial numbber on the DVD box -- it has letters in it so that's wrong. Then I opened my older laptop and looked up the serial number there -- it's five groups of four numbers, but the installation is asking for six groups of four numbers. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe Customer Support. Be aware that CS4 will not work on anything recent, I'm guessing after about El Capitan or thereabouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per Lumigraphics’ advice you could try the »speech bubble« here 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest.... I would just join the Creative Cloud and get the most recent version of Photoshop.

I know this is hard to bite, but here is my reasoning...

1.) There have been so many useful updates since CS4.  Your workflow will increase 10 fold, because of new tools and functions.

2.) There is more support for the current versions of Adobe software.

3.) CS4 might not be compatible for new computers.

4.) There probably will not be new updates for CS4 since it is so old.

I know once you buy software it is difficult to move forward and get the latest version or in this case join the Creative Cloud.  But with all honesty, I would really consider it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try looking in your Adobe account (from Adobe's home page). At the top of the page, open the "Plans" tab, and then select "My Products" to view the serial numbers of all your Adobe software. I seem to recall that the serials that you see on your computer are truncated for security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines