• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I let Adobe install its latest version of Photoshop & now I cannot see any of my photos! what to do?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I will tell you my problem, then how I fixed it. 

I have the Photographers creative cloud package for Photoshop & Lightroom. I am using a Mac with Catalina version 10.15.7. Adobe sent me a pop-up notice (not an email) in the upper right hand corner of my screen that they had a security update. I clicked to see details, then clicked to let Adobe install its latest version of Photoshop. I went to work on photos and now I cannot see any of my photos! My Photoshop screen is all BLACK, except I can see a thumbnail in layerswhat to do?  Should I unintall the whole thing and re-install? Has this happened to anyone else? I did not change anything on my computer. This all happened because of updating according to Adobe's instructions. I am using a Mac with Catalina version 10.15.7. Some please help! I have a deadline for my work and I cannot work now.

What happened? in desperation I clicked on the F key. Suddenly I could see my photo !!! ok… strange, but when in doubt, hit the F key… maybe it stands for “What the F___”

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you solved it, but this shows why it's often a good plan to keep at least two versions of each Creative Cloud app installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Immediately after letting Creative Cloud install the latest version of Photoshop as prompted by Creative Cloud, I was having to click the F key every single time – just to see my photos in Photoshop. Before, everything worked perfectly for me. Just seconds after letting Creative Cloud do this update, I saw a black screen when I opened any photos. In despiration I hit the F key and that worked. But it was annoying to hit the F key every time I opened a photo.

Finally, I decided to change my workspace to the "Default" Adobe workspace... and that solved the problem. No more F key. Apparently, my custom workspace was incompatible with the new version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines