• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I like my old chair. (space bar hand tool not working)

Contributor ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The space bar hand tool shortcut has stopped working for me. If I use H, I get a newfangled method of moving about the canvas - a box appears that I have to drag and drop. I don't like it.

Can anyone tell me how to get my space bar functionality back? And/or make the H work in the old way (drag the whole canvas)?

Any help would me much appreciated. I'm too old a dog to learn a new trick.

Adobe user since 1987 : Illustrator version 1.0.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Could you please try resetting Photoshop's preferences and let us know if that helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - thanks. I have tried that (massive PITA!) and there's no difference.

However in restarting the Mac a couple of times I have noticed that spacebar/hand functionality comes and goes if I'm running the Signal Beta desktop client...

When I'm not running Signal Beta, Photoshop behaves perfectly. If I run Signal Beta (which I invariably do) spacebar/hand functionality will disappear the first time I send a Signal. When I quit Signal it comes back.

I can open Signal again and all is OK till I send my first message, then no spacebar/hand operation until I quit Signal again. And so on.

So I'm not sure if this is an Adobe problem or a Signal problem. How do I alert the right people at Adobe?

MacPro5,1
BootROM 144.0.0.0.0
12 processors
6-Core Intel Xeon 3.46 GHz
96 GB

Photoshop 22.4.0

Signal Beta 5.2.0-beta.1

Hope this helps someone.

Adobe user since 1987 : Illustrator version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines