• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I’m done.

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't reinstall CS3 because Adobe are a bunch of greedy ********!  I'm not gonna spend $1000 on a new Mac to get a computer that is new enough to run the subscription version.  Affinity Photo here I come!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe had to shut down the activation servers, but at the time they offered a non activation copy and new serial number in trade for the old one. You long missed it. You can try out Elements which you can own outright. Otherwise if Affinity works for you, fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Elements way less feature rich than Photoshop?  I'd like to stick with something I'm used to... but then again Elements is $100 and Affinity is on the App Store for 25 bucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the CS3 version installed on Windows 10.  Most likely a mack CS3 version would not run on a current Mac system.  While  CS3 runs on Windows 10 it still a 32 bit application  it performance on Windows 10 IMO is not up to PAR.  But it has feature removed in newer version of Photoshop. There are compatibility between versions of Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let up know if you find Affinity Photo meets your needs. Affinity Photo seems to have many feature like Photoshop and I have read some its Photoshop like features are implemented better then Adobe implemented their version. Affinity Photo may has useful features Photoshop does not have let us know.  However, I also find useful Photoshop features  do not exist in Affinity Photo.  For example an Automation feature like Photoshop Scripting.  So scripting an Image Processor, Load file into a stack, Fit image, Photometge etc is not possible in Affinity Photo.  You may not use thing like those. However many users here use Photoshop automation. Affinity Photo may not meet their needs.

Adobe Photoshop Elements is "Photoshop like" is cheap and may have better support than Photoshop I would think all of element features will work well Elements is designed for novice users to use. I would think elements would not be released with a long list of known problems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will try Affinity out.  I don't need an over-the-top editing program for my purposes.  I just think it's bad business to sell somebody a product and then tell they can't use it any more just because it's old.  It still works.  Plus affinity is on sale for 25 bucks.  Can't beat that price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines