Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm Making An Image 3000 x 3000 pixels

Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So first off, I don't know if I should use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop or both. Here's my issue I have painted out a section which will easily allow me to select the shape, so then I can make the image 3000 x 3000 pixels. If I do that would I risk the image/selection, I don't know what to do. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot would help.

Note, Photohop uses pixels, Illustrator uses vectors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to give us a lot more information.  If you are thinking in terms of 3000 pixels square, then you probably need to use Photoshop.  But we don't have the first clue what you are trying to create.  As derek says, a screen shot might help.  Copy to the clipboard and paste tio this thread with Ctrl v (Cmd v).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I have an image that I have made which is 900 x 900 pixels, I now want to create a new image 3000 x 3000 pixels. So I need to select the image to make it larger for that image size, is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Alright, so I have a symbol-art that I have made...”

How did you make the “symbol art” originally? Which which tools and in which application?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it using Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the crop tool to select a square section of your image and make it 3000 x 3000 pixels. However, whether you will degrade the image depends on the image you are starting with. If it is made of pixels (e.g. a photograph) cropping that size could mean reducing the number of pixels or if you are lucky - not changing the pixel size. On the other hand it could mean increasing the number of pixels which is likely to soften the image.

If it is a vector image (e.g. a Photoshop shape, or an Illustrator image) then you can resize it without any ill effects

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my image 900 x 900 pixels now, and I have the shape that I want selected. How do I turn it into a vector image so then I can upscale it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the image. For simple shapes draw around them with the pen tool to turn them to vectors. For more complex images, Illustrator's trace tool may work. For photographic images  - forget it, stick with pixels.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a 2D shape, so how do I use this tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

See here for info on the pen tool. Make sure you set it in the options bar to draw a shape (rather than a path)

Draw with the Pen tools

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did the original come from? What type of file is it? Maybe it is already vector art. If so you can open it in Illustrator and scale it to any size you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original is a .jpg and I don't know if its a vector file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
JPEG is pixels and is not vector. Photoshop is mostly raster with some vector (text, vector drawing tools) whereas Illustrator is vector with some raster (Gaussian blur, drop shadow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so what I did was made a selection to the shape I wanted then saved that within Photoshop, then I brought that image into Illustrator and I did object > image trace > make, then I selected the points or outline of my image and CRTL + X and then CTRL + V into Photoshop to then upscale my image, so there's my solution to my problem, thank you all, to all the suggestions and advice, I greatly appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines