• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help transferring Photoshop CS6 from one Mac to another

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've never posted in this forum before so I am not quite sure how this works but here it goes.  I am wondering if it is possible to transfer Adobe Photoshop CS6 version 13.0 x64 (from 2012) from a macbook air OS X Yosemite to a macbook pro OS Mojave. I have this version of photoshop as a part of creative suite on my mac, and so I believe I will have to transfer all the other programs in the suite as well. In addition, I have this suite on two computers already, and so I need to actually transfer the program off of the macbook air to not exeed this limit. Thank you in advance for your help. (Also, I am not very tech savy, so clear simply instructions would be aprrecieted).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfering Adobe programs by migrating won't work properly.

You need to install Adobe programs from a disc or downloaded installation file.

CS6 is no longer part of CC and in not available as a download with only a CC subscription.

If you did not purchase CS6, you will not be able to get it out of trial mode without a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob

Thank for the reply. Luckily, I do have the disc and serial number for the creative suite. However, I do not know what steps to take to transfer the program over to my newer computer using those items. Also what do you mean by the term "mirgrating". Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Help menu > Deactivate on the old machine. This releases the activation.

Then install on the new machine. If you don't have a DVD drive, you need to buy an external USB drive. They're cheap these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also with Mojave you cannot run the installer directly.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

and never upgrade to Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I upgraded my laptop to Catalina but run CS6 off a bootable Ulta Fit USB flash drive running High Sierra. Works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines