Highlighted

I need help with 3D images

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am currently trying to make 2D images 3D. I know how to extrude them but there is one problem: I want the gray side ("Extrusion Material") to have the same colors as the pickaxe (like on the second picture), how do I do that?Screenshot 2020-11-07 170810.pngnullpickaxe.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I need help with 3D images

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am currently trying to make 2D images 3D. I know how to extrude them but there is one problem: I want the gray side ("Extrusion Material") to have the same colors as the pickaxe (like on the second picture), how do I do that?Screenshot 2020-11-07 170810.pngnullpickaxe.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I get an answer please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you clicked on the extrusion material in the layers panel, then edited it in the properties panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but I can't get it to look like on the second picture in my post. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your extrusion material selected, go to the properties panel and click as shown below.

2020-11-08_16-34-50.jpg

That will open a psb file with the extrusion unwrapped i.e. as a flat surface. Paint it as you require, then close and save the psb to update the model.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try that 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0