Highlighted

I need to open a Photoshop file twice

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my latest OS update every time I try to open a Photoshop file a message says "Could not open "XXXXX XXXX" because of a disk error".
On second go it's fine.  Very frustrating after a while!
Any suggestions?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I need to open a Photoshop file twice

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my latest OS update every time I try to open a Photoshop file a message says "Could not open "XXXXX XXXX" because of a disk error".
On second go it's fine.  Very frustrating after a while!
Any suggestions?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darron,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop repeatedly crashing on opening your projects.

Would you mind sharing the version of the operating system you are using? Also, how much free space do you have on the main hard drive of the computer?

Please go to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance and uncheck the option to Use Graphics Processor. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

You can also reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Please backup your actions, brushes, etc. before you reset the preferences. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,
Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now.
Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm on Mojave OS. The problem started shortly after I updated the OS.
I've tried what you suggested but still have the same problem. Normally an inconvenience, but I've a lot of files to process now - and it's getting annoying!
Sorry, don't know how to see what free space I have.

Thank you

Darron

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same probem. Darron, are you on a server? we are and I think its linked to that somehow.

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines