Highlighted

I pulled over a layer into another project and color changed?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just pulled this logo into another file... You can see in the screenshot that when I pull it over, it changes the color profile and the white background is no longer white? Does anyone know why this is happening and what I change to fix it? (Do I change it in the new file or the old one before I pull the layer over?)

I've attached a screenshot of what the logo looks like when it's pulled over from what it was and the logos file info in case that helps. Thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I pulled over a layer into another project and color changed?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just pulled this logo into another file... You can see in the screenshot that when I pull it over, it changes the color profile and the white background is no longer white? Does anyone know why this is happening and what I change to fix it? (Do I change it in the new file or the old one before I pull the layer over?)

I've attached a screenshot of what the logo looks like when it's pulled over from what it was and the logos file info in case that helps. Thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its hard to tells what is going on with what you posted. Soem are Layerd PSD, Some are in RGB mode, Some CMYK are all being color maged, how are your the files color matched for you logo to begin with?  Why is your logo CMYK? How is your LOGO a Jpeg you Mac shows it as having transparent background. Jpeg  Format does not support Transparency?

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 7.29.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-26 at 7.36.53 AM.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means you're working with untagged material - there is no color profile embedded in the file. Always make sure the profile is embedded. It normally will be unless you've changed your color settings without knowing what you're doing - but Export/Save for Web strip the profile at default settings. You need to check the box to include the profile.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0