• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I receive the message: "The extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed."

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the Library in Photoshop, I receive the message: "The extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed." It worked last week, but now I get this message and the Library is completely empty in Illustrator. My Library has stuff in it and I can see it on my iPad Apps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same message when I open Photoshop CC.  This has only started with the latest upgrade of Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To both posters:

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a PC, using Photoshop CC 2014

Operating System:

PC Screen Shot OS System.gif

Error Message:

PC Screen Shot Error Message.gif

Settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance:

PC Screen Shot - PS-Preferences-Performanc.gif

Type of file you were working on: No file; just opened up Photoshop to begin working

This is the first time this has happened - I have not doe any other troubleshooting.

Camera Raw does not apply here.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for elaborating, but…  even with a strong magnifying glass I keep on my desk, I cannot make out any of your extra-tiny miniature screen shots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Let's try these:

I am working on a PC, using Photoshop CC 2014

Error Message:

PC Screen Shot Error Message.jpg

Operating System:

PC Screen Shot OS System.jpg

Settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance:

PC Screen Shot - PS-Preferences-Performance.jpg

Type of file you were working on: No file; just opened up Photoshop and the Libraries Panel to begin working

This is the first time this has happened - I have not done any other troubleshooting.

Camera Raw does not apply here.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Restore Preferences:  Close PS.

Windows - CTRL-SHIFT-ALT immediately after you double-click the PS icon.

Macintosh - CMD-SHIFT-OPTION immediately after you double-click the PS icon.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy -

Thanks, but all that did was delete my Preference Settings...still get the error message. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy! After trying everything, this solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had your problem after the CC 2014.2.2 update I kept getting that message If I tried to open the Photoshop's CC 2014 Welcome Screen.  You could well get that message when you start CC 2014 if starting will try to open the Welcome screen.

I  did not have that problem before the update. I had the Welcome Screen turned off but could open it.  The update installed OK and the Creative Cloud Desktop Application showed CC 2014 was up to date,.   However I kept getting the error message the extension could not be started because it was not property signed and the new Preference Do not show Welcome screen was not shown when I used menu Edit>Preferences.

I downloaded the Photoshop CC 2104 direct installer and Installed CC 2014 on top of itself.  Though it installed the Application manager hung after the install but I could start CC 2014 and it was indeed back to the original level.  So I used menu help Updates.  The Application Manager showed update 2014,2,2 and ACR 8.7.1 available so I had it install these. The updates installed but Application manager hung after these updates were installed.  After a reboot the Application Manager seem to be working and will now close when I click its close icon.So CC 2014.2.2 now works and I can open the Welcome Screen before the re-install the welcome Screen would not open and I would get the pop-up error Extension could not be started because it was not signed it I tried to open the Welcome screen..

All the add-on I had added to CC 2104 were still installed and my preferences still intact.  Also see Re: welcome videos not playing

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue when I copy the extension of Mac to Windows (without installing zxp) ... in Mac doesnt appear the issue, but in Windows yes.. and I have to modify code in windows because the same extension that in Mac works correctly, in Windows has errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my iMac retina with yosemite and new install photoshop by Creative Cloud

First install.

Did you resolved it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried reinstalling Photoshop over my existing program -  did nothing but waste my time. I have all the updates installed correctly according to Adobe but when I look at my version of Photoshop it shows as being 2.1 instead of 2.2. I have installed the 2.2 version three times now; rebooted my machine and still I have the 2.1 version.  I am still receiving the error message that the extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed. Is Adobe doing anything to address this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sorted a fix for this after having the same problem.

Get Adobe Extension Manager, open and click Exchange button, then click 'Add-ons website' when it opens in your browser, click Photoshop, scroll down to 'Creative Cloud Libraries', click and install. It probably won't install, but no worries, just click on 'Where to find it' tab and click 'Download / Install your Add-on another way', then download the extension to your machine. Back to Extension Manager, click Install, navigate to the extension (probably in Downloads, unless you have another place for your downloads) and install it. Restart Photoshop and voilà! Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent Photoshop update fixed the issue for me; however, I still cannot open the Welcome Screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes worked for me as well!  Good idea seems to iron out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this

Cheer.

Screen Shot 2558-03-20 at 15.35.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea why, but Enable Generator solved it for me on my Mac. Thanks rayhuephoto ! !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then later same message appeared and the library was unaccessable just to pop up back again now

invited friend can't access it from Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same error!!! i tried everything, but cant fix it!! help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  just downloaded this same plug-in Tony Kuyper TK4 and after playing around with one image for a few minutes that same error came up?? How do I go about getting a refund, I don't have time for this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here can help you with your 3rd party extensions.

You must contact the extension developers directly.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that answer sound a bit rude....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That answer is not rude you just do not understand most user here do not work for Adobe or rhe developer of your failing pllug-in.  The Adobe Staff members here work for Adobe. They also do not work for the developer of the third party plug-in your having a problem with.  Users here can only direct you to seek help from the developer of the plu-in your having problems with.  You can not expect to get a refund from Adobe for something they did not sell you.  If you do not have time for that kiss your money good bye and move on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines