• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I uninstalled photoshop 2014 from mac. I cannot find photoshop on creative cloud to download.

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker recently installed photoshop 2014 for her mac which has OS 10.10. It would not open any jpeg files because an error message would show up saying file could not be found. This seems to be a common issue for version 2014 and that camera raw plug in is needed. I could not find any plug ins to download. OS 10.11 or higher had camera plug ins to download. I tried to have her go back to previous version of photoshop. Links I found said to uninstall current version before installing previous version. She uninstalled photoshop. We went back to Creative Cloud. The previous version or current version do not show up for download and install. The only photoshop that shows up is the next version where OS needs to be upgraded. How do I find the previous version of photoshop to reinstall to her mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The Creative Cloud only allows for the current version and the previous one to be installed, you can download CC 2018 from here which is compatible with MAC OS 10.11

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My coworker recently installed photoshop 2014 for her mac"

Where did your co-worker get PS 2014 to install it recently? It has not been available for download from Adobe for several years.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further discussion, I found it she did not update her photoshop today. Apparently, she updated the Creative Cloud application. She always had photoshop 2014. After updating Creative Cloud is when she ran into problems on opening any jpeg files. Can I replace her Creative Cloud application with the a different one from Time Machine. Her Time Machine backs up hourly. I can try to replace one from yesterday. Do I need to uninstall the Creative Cloud first and then replace it with from yesterday's backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another update. My coworker informed me that when she was using photoshop this morning, all of her swatches and tools on the right side of photoshop were greyed out. It informed her to upgrade her Creative Cloud to fix this issue with photoshop. This was the whole reason why she updated in the first place. She ended up copying over her photoshop folder from previous Time Machine back up. This fixed all these errors today. Although, the photoshop icon does not show up in the Creative Cloud destop menu for apps used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines