• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to trace over handwritten text

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about six pages of handwritten text that have been photocopied umpteen times.  I can type a transcript, but I want to resurrect the hand written form.  The brush tool would be useful if I had just a few words, but I have six pages.  I've tried the various smoothing options and they help a bit, but only a bit.  I've tried the path tools too, but they just seem to increase the dificulty.  Ideally, I'd like to use the brush to mark dots on the text, I'm willing to mark quite a lot of dots, and then ask Photoshop to join them with suitably smooth curves.  Holding the left button down while I drag nearly works, but preserves the errors I make, as well as the correct bits.  I'm guessing that Pshop is the wrong product for this job.  Am I right?  Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to explore the Image Trace feature within Illustrator. This is a great tool for converting pixel based images into vector graphics with smooth edges.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/illustrator/using/image-trace.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael,

Thanks. I don't use Illustrator, but maybe I should. Meanwhile, you've
given me a few ideas for some of the other filters and adjustments within
Photoshop. I've discovered that just the Threshold Adjustment layer gets
me very close, even if not quite close enough.

I'm sure Adobe would love to sell me Illustrator.
Maybe I'll test the trial version.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers Keith. Good to hear you've discovered those Adjustment layers. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines