• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to try new 'Enhance' but my Photoshop version 22.3.0 does not have 'Open in Camera Raw'

Advocate ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get the right version of Photoshop in order to try the new Camera Raw 'Enhance?' Instructions say I need to Open my Tiff image using the File menu in Photoshop where it should show "Open In Camera Raw" but my version of Photoshop does not have this option. I need help with this. TIA, Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Tiff and Jpeg image are conversion of your cameras sensor's  RAW data. Post process processes like White Balance, Noise reduction, exposure composition, sharpening have already been applied converting your cameras mosaic image into an RGB image. Jpeg image also suffer image quality lost during the Jpeg encoding process.  IMO for best results you should use RAW file with this ARC feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiff and Jpeg image are conversion of your cameras sensor's  RAW data. Post process processes like White Balance, Noise reduction, exposure composition, sharpening have already been applied converting your cameras mosaic image into an RGB image. Jpeg image also suffer image quality lost during the Jpeg encoding process.  IMO for best results you should use RAW file with this ARC feature.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is great input and Thank You JJMack for the help with this. I'm seeing that using Bridge and not Photoshop has the option of opening a file in Camera Raw in the File Menu and that is where I will work. I can tell already that this is going to take some experience and getting used to before I know what I am doing. It's a great feature that can add some help to images that may not be first quality in the first place and, of course, bring already great images into a very nice enhanced place. Thank Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines