• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I was unable to convert to DNG

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed DNG Converter 13.0. Where I was unable to convert my NEF files from Nikon Z6 ii. Upon trying to convert it, it displayed as the raw file not supported. I have tried on changing the formats and the file variations, I got no luck in that. don't know where did I go wrong or the file isn't supported at all.

Screenshot (10).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Z6 II is a new camera, and you will have to wait for an update to the DNG converter for support for your camera.

This could take a few weeks, and in the meantime you have to use Nikon software to process the NEF files, or shoot jpg, or jpg + NEF and process the NEF files later.

When the update is released, there will also be updates for Camera Raw and Lightroom, so if you have a Creative Cloud subscription, you will be able to process the files without converting to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was a bit confused in my system if I had any corrupted files or any. 

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and although "few weeks" past since Adobe Community Professional's reply there is no solution in sight. What Nikon s/w can be used to process NEF file? Per Berstern - could you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only Adobe knows when there there will be an update, and they don't usually announce the updates before they're ready.

I don't work for Adobe, and have no access to inside information.

Please understand that this happens every time a new camera is released. The camera manufacturers do not give Adobe information about upcoming cameras, so Adobe has to buy a camera, examine the raw files, and then provide support for it in an update. These updates happen, as far as I know, 4-5 times a year.

So when buying a new camera, it's a good idea to wait until it is supported by Camera Raw.

This page gets updated whenever a new version of Camera Raw has been released.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines