icc Profiles error on Macbook Pro running Big Sur

Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I ran apple's Color Sync Utility to check the icc profiles that I have on my system, and got a list of the following. I've attached a screenshot. This is the first time that I'm running the Utility, so I don't know if it had these errors earlier, or whether they are important. Clicking the "Repair" button gave an error message saying that the files were locked (presumably by Adobe).

Any ideas how/ whether to fix this?

Thanks,

Rajnesh

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

icc Profiles error on Macbook Pro running Big Sur

Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I ran apple's Color Sync Utility to check the icc profiles that I have on my system, and got a list of the following. I've attached a screenshot. This is the first time that I'm running the Utility, so I don't know if it had these errors earlier, or whether they are important. Clicking the "Repair" button gave an error message saying that the files were locked (presumably by Adobe).

Any ideas how/ whether to fix this?

Thanks,

Rajnesh

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would ideally be a question for Apple's 'Colorsync users' forum.

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/colorsync-users

However, although I've not seen that specific error before I am aware that errors flagged in the Colorsync utility are said to often be spurious. If everything works as you'd expect then it would seem safe to ignore. 

I googled the error, maybe you did too? but did not see any useful solutions.

Header message digest (MD5) is not correct

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

BTW, better to past images into forum text, save us all having to download your attachment. 

I hope this helps
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 1
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Neil.

I'll follow up with Apple's community and post back here if I get an answer there.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajensh

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving

I suggest you also flag it up as a bug to Adobe here 

[ https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop ] 

since, given their location - those profiles were apparently installed by Adobe. 

I don't have all the profiles installed in the specific folder that are showing errors in the list you posted - maybe they are installed with Photoshop 2021? mine's CC2019 20.0.9

The ones I do have, though, don't show errors in ColorThink Pro, an industry standard ICC profile tool - here's a couple of examples.

Still looks like an OSX Colorsync utility error to me 

When I run verify on my mac I see 218 bad profiles, with various errors - many of which have been in use for years!

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 07.56.03.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 07.55.28.jpg

I hope this helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0