Highlighted

Icons for 2020 updates

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator to the 2020 versions. Is it driving anyone else crazy that Photoshop has a new rounded-corner icon in the dock and the others still have the old square icons? Come on Adobe, we're designers here! You're stabbing me in the heart every time I look at my dock! 😉

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 10.49.43 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by S_Gans | Adobe Community Professional

It's driving EVERYONE crazy! 😄  But, the real reaso is that now, all the apps that have a mobile version are being depicted with rounded corners. you'll see the same effect on Lightroom for now, too!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Icons for 2020 updates

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator to the 2020 versions. Is it driving anyone else crazy that Photoshop has a new rounded-corner icon in the dock and the others still have the old square icons? Come on Adobe, we're designers here! You're stabbing me in the heart every time I look at my dock! 😉

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 10.49.43 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by S_Gans | Adobe Community Professional

It's driving EVERYONE crazy! 😄  But, the real reaso is that now, all the apps that have a mobile version are being depicted with rounded corners. you'll see the same effect on Lightroom for now, too!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2019 3
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It drives me completely mad. Cant understand how company like Adobe can let something like this happpen. It makes me just a step closer to switch to Affinity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 5
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 3
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that makes sense but they need to makes them consistent for the sake of our sanity!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, who loves Ps 2020 icon? I dont care about cloud feature, I care how look my apps on dock! Why I need see everyday on dock and:

- Ps, Ai, Ar, Lr

- hm, wtf?

- hm, cloud-featured.. hm, okay

If icon was sharp corners - cloud features doesnt lost. And Photoshop for iPad not same Photoshop for Mac/PC

sad-sad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always like this way of putting it:

1135136_CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 5
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change for change sake is a pervasive disease.  It's not just "modernisation", some of it ignores (a) who uses the 'tool' and (b) how they use it. An example we might all have come across ... in order to accommodate advertising, ATM screens were converted from monochrome to colour.  That made them harder to use for users with certain vision impairments; but in particular, they are harder to see in certiain lighting conditions, such as direct sunlight, owing to the reduction in contrast.  As least Microsoft facilitated the 'old' presentation of the Windows UI when they effected a radical change.

As I have posted separately, possibly the most outrageous change Adobe has made with the new ACR is altering the positions (actual and relative) of the [Open] and [Cancel] buttons.  Muscle memory has me clicking [Done] or [Cancel] when I want to Open the image(s). Grrr!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 4
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd find it funnier if I wasn't continuing forking out an ever-increasing monthly fee that pays these people's wages, supports their work, and gives them the ability to invest in improvement.

Dismissing people's concerns and implying that a negative experience is inevitable seems to go completely against the spirit of a community based around support.

Months later, Adobe has changed all the icons so that they "group together" better, meanwhile also creating additional problems around workflow and easy identification of apps by users.

Simply being industry-standard does not allow the attitude of "shut up and deal with it".

It only goes so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

As many of you, this was stressing me out unnecessarily, so I created a quick rounded corner version to soothe my eyes.

All you have to do is open this in preview, select all, copy it, then go to "Get Info" on the AI app, click the thumbnail and paste this new one in.

Took me like 30 mins, it's frustrating that Adobe can't do little things like this. I'm open to critique as I'm relatively new to Illustrator.

Ai_Logo_v2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I feel so much better now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do that in Windows?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you'd have to save the image to icon format in order to use it in Windows (.ICO). Anyway, the icons changed again since your post, so never mind 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some folder icons for Adobe 2020
Adobe-2020-Folder-Icons-Set-SVG 

bfdb724cd4061529288e6c7d4e20ca00

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 2