• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If Action and sqare

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to resize different images and make them 1200 in height and 900 in width. I wrote an action:
if img is sqare - then play action - sqare if no then play action - if img is horizontal - then play horizontal
action, if no - then play vertical action. But i have some problems with vertical img. Sometimes they look
like a square, and sometimes they look like a vertical strip. For each of these options, I need to write
a separate action. But Photoshop does not allow you to determine where the vertical strip is, and where
the image is approaching in size to a square.
For this reason, 20% of images are not resized correctly. I would like to know if I can adjust 
the infelicity for almost square images?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly and you do not actually want to »cut off« at »square« but some other proportion then that would need a Script. 

But maybe I misunderstand … what exactly do you mean by 

»

But i have some problems with vertical img. Sometimes they look
like a square, and sometimes they look like a vertical strip. For each of these options, I need to write
a separate action.

«? 

Please post screenshots to clarify. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want to crop your image to have a 4:3 Aspect Ratio and size the crop to 1200px by 900px image. If all you want is  your imags on a 1200px br 900px canvas.  A very simple action can do that.  You do  not need any conditional steps.  You just need two steps.   However, the steps need to be recorder so they will work correctly.   The step are simple but if you not careful recording one of them the step you recorder will not work the way you intended it to.  So I'll detail how you should record the two steps.  Create a new document 100px by 100px the record the action on.  

Step 1 Menu Image>Canvas Size... in the Dialog leave the anchor point centered, make sure relative is not checked set width 1200px height 900px

Step 2 Menu File>Automate>Fit Image ... in in the Dialog set width 1200px height 900px

Stop recording. In the action drag the Canvas size step below the Fit Image step.

If you recorded the Action in that sequence the Canvas size step would only record change  the width or height for one side would have been 1200px or 900px.  Both width and height must be recorded the step recording must change both width and height.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize I had to make a picture earlier. My action consists of: 1) image size 2) canvas size.
Photoshop itself determines the type of image. Vertical, horizontal or square.
I have a separate action for each type.
But I often have problems with vertical images. Sometimes they are not cropped correctly.
...because they are more like a square and need to write a separate action for them.
Unfortunately, I don't understand how to make Photoshop distinguish between two different vertical images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make conditions, other for image originally wider than high and other for higher than wide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in section "If""no option like these. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I don't understand. Show your script...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah right, you don't script. Did you use from your Action Panel 'Insert Conditional' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why you use Automate Fit Image it does respect the image's aspect ratio. A constrained resize will be done to fit the image into the width and height  you specified. You then need to add canvas to insure the canvas is the size you want. It is a two step action.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automate Fit Image does not give the desired result. I don't understand how this can help. He only fits one side and decides which one. I cannot control the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On its own fit image will not do the job it need to be followed by Inage Canvas sizes and the width 1200px  and the height 900px both need to be recorder in the action step.  If  you record the action two steps in that order fit image followed by canvas size, the canvas size step will not record both the Width and Height for Fite image would have fitted the width to exactly 1200px or fitted the height to exactly 900px. Canvas size would only record the width or the height  to add the missing canvas.  Expand your action steps make sure both width and height is recorder. In my very first append I detailed how you should record the action ....

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use respectively Resize Image and then Rezise Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Automate Fit Image followed by image canvas size but canvas size must be recorded so both the width and height setting are recorded.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines