• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustration.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe forum - team, I am planning and asked to do the illustrations for a series of children books. In the past, I worked with CS6. I LOVED it. It was perfect for me as I scan pencil drawings, play with color and levels and color them in with transparant layers...painstaking but such a lovely results. So, now that I want to start this new project up....I am confused as to what to do..CS6, the most beautiful work realm on the planet is gone and I don't need all the tools and features of the new programs as I work craftily, not fast and sleek. And definitely not towards making fast and much money, because there is no need to work THAT fast here. (An 'Adobe' house is earthy and tranquil). What can I do in my case? Thank you so much. Hadewych.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

If you still have a licensed copy of Photoshop CS6 what’s stopping you using it?

The Photography plan has the latest version of Photoshop plus updates, as they become available, plus Lightroom and costs around $10 a month.

You can get Photoshop Elements for a one off payment of around $80

Many illustrators prefer to use Adobe Illustrator for what you‘re describing, there is a free 7 day trial you can test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photography plan (which includes Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom) is about 10,– dollars/month (if I remember correctly) but if you absolutely want a perpetual license you can take advantage of the trial for Photoshop Elements to see if that may meet your needs.

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

Photoshop Elements | Photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have a licensed copy of Photoshop CS6 what’s stopping you using it?

The Photography plan has the latest version of Photoshop plus updates, as they become available, plus Lightroom and costs around $10 a month.

You can get Photoshop Elements for a one off payment of around $80

Many illustrators prefer to use Adobe Illustrator for what you‘re describing, there is a free 7 day trial you can test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the hardware and OS allow it that should definitely be an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Derek+Cross  wrote

I dusted off my CS6 perpetual licence a few weeks ago, for a system that I use at another location.  It was a good feeling to put it to use considering what I paid for it.   There must be a million plus older versions of Photoshop that go unused nowadays, but would do good service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, a good idea! I find an enormous pleasure in going real 'back in time' style - to use the most old fashioned digital tools possible - to stir myself a bit creatively. Instead of going forward all the time , going back...to refine again. Check my work on : Piki Verschueren (@pikiverschueren) • Instagram photos and videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love this answer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, my Photoshop CS6 freezes all the time. I am sure it is just a technical problem. But I suppose I am contemplating indeed to go to newer versions. Thanks ever for your kind replies guys!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re freezing, have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but will try again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hadewychv,

Photoshop 2019 have all the features that CS6 had but it now have many new additional features and an improved user interface.

Could you please let us know what all exact features or functionalities are you finding difficult to work with in the new Photoshop?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have CS6 use it, as people have said. So long as it works with a current system, which it might not.

If you don't have CS6, be aware that software makers move on. Just like car makers, they don't sell last year's model. They believe in their new features, and they don't want to keep their staff trained in supporting the old stuff, it's hard enough keeping them current.

But Photoshop CS6, when it was last sold was around $700. Now you can get it for $10 a month or so. It would be six years before you were even, and systems change so by then you'd have a $700 paper weight. So Adobe have done you a huge favour, it seems to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might also be worth you having a look at Painter: Digital Art & Painting Software - Corel Painter 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek... so happy you did not tell her Procreate! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try Krita | Digital Painting. Creative Freedom. which is free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I would need to know the style before I give advice on how to use the latest version of Photoshop.  Do you have a sample of your old work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines