Highlighted

Illustrator temporarily freezes when copying and pasting to Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy an object for Illustrator 2020 and try to paste it into Photoshop 2020 canvas, Illustrator temporarily freezes but does not crash. I have to wait 20-30 seconds for Illustrator to unfreeze, and for the Photoshop dialogue "paste smart object" window to show up. This is extremely frustrating and slows down workflow significantly. 

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator temporarily freezes when copying and pasting to Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy an object for Illustrator 2020 and try to paste it into Photoshop 2020 canvas, Illustrator temporarily freezes but does not crash. I have to wait 20-30 seconds for Illustrator to unfreeze, and for the Photoshop dialogue "paste smart object" window to show up. This is extremely frustrating and slows down workflow significantly. 

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem but it never unfreezes. I have to force quite. Very annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines