Highlighted

iMac 4K Retina makes blurry/poor jPEG files after exporting

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Pardon me for another one of "these" posts but for the life of me, I can't get a good jPEG image file out of photoshop. I have a 2019 iMac with a 4K Retina screen. My editing is fine, my color spaces are

set up properly, the resolution is all fine. My resized and sharpened image looks amazing in photoshop but once it's exported out in a high quality jPEG, it looks like garbage in the preview browser, my image folder in my iMac and in social media, for example. It's blurry and pixelated. 

How do I get a proper jPEG image out of Photoshop cc 2021 that looks like it does in Photoshop, like I was able to years ago with a regular, calibrated LCD monitor? Help! 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iMac 4K Retina makes blurry/poor jPEG files after exporting

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Pardon me for another one of "these" posts but for the life of me, I can't get a good jPEG image file out of photoshop. I have a 2019 iMac with a 4K Retina screen. My editing is fine, my color spaces are

set up properly, the resolution is all fine. My resized and sharpened image looks amazing in photoshop but once it's exported out in a high quality jPEG, it looks like garbage in the preview browser, my image folder in my iMac and in social media, for example. It's blurry and pixelated. 

How do I get a proper jPEG image out of Photoshop cc 2021 that looks like it does in Photoshop, like I was able to years ago with a regular, calibrated LCD monitor? Help! 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you outline in more detail how you are exporting out your JPEG. What method, settings, etc… Some screen shots could be very helpful as well. Cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Hi res master tiff file with layers duplicated as a copy, master tiff file closed. 

-Color profile double checked for sRGB so layers are recognized. 

-Background duplicated for signature watermark.
-Flatten image. 
-Duplicate background again. 

-Resize to 1600px on the wide end. 300dpi. 

-Set blend mode to luminosity and use smart sharpen filter at my preferred settings twice, sometimes three times.

-Resize again to my web viewing size of 800px on wide end.

-Smart sharpen one more time at a lower strength and low radius for sharper details. 
-Flatten image.

-Go to Export as, Save for Web and save a maximum resolution jPEG for the web/social media. 

That's my final workflow to get a sharpened, high quality jPEG file to the web. It worked flawlessly years ago with a calibrated LCD monitor in CS5 Extended. Now with CC2021 and a iMac 4K Retina screen, I'm getting a crap jPEG file in export. When I'm in the Save for Web section, when I click on the Preview icon down in the bottom left corner, my image pops up in a browser window at its proper size but it looks blurry and pixelated, not clean and crisp like it did in photoshop. I've read countless threads about the Retina displays, saving 2x's, viewing at 200%, running photoshop in low quality but I simply can't figure any of that stuff out or why my JPEGs look like garbage in the preview browser and on the web. I must say that my final web version file of 800px wide doesn't look like 800px in photoshop at all, it looks very small. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0