• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imac crashes during sleep if photoshop is open

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a late 2012 Imac running Mojave 10.14.6 It has 32GB of ram and has been trouble free for all these years. But, since upgrading to Mojave both Photoshop 2019 and Photoshop 2020 cause it to experience a system crash when it goes into sleep mode. If I don't have Photoshop open it does not crash during sleep. It totally freezes and requres a hard shut down and restart. I can not upgrade to the latest OS, Catalina because I have other software that won't work with Catalina.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, at your suggestion, and so far I have not crashed. I'm hoping this is the fix. However, only time will tell since the crashes did not happen every day.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, for a few days that seemed to work, but I'm back to crashing when PS is open. The only temporary workaround is to always shut down photoshop after every work session. I know that does not sound like a big deal, but as a graphics professional I have always had photoshop continuously open and ready to go for over 20 years. Being able to jump on PS instantly and get things done quickly is a big part of my workflow. I guess I just need to slow down, not so hard now that we are quaranteened for who knows how long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the OS crashes or freeezes that is not Photoshop’s doing because applications like Photoshop simply cannot do that to a modern OS. 

This leaves you with the possibility of bugs in the OS and drivers or faulty hardware, including RAM. 

Are there any external devides connected to the computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines